Chute climbing vids????

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to climb a few today it does not matter what way they face they are all extremely icy. Was really hoping to climb the 90 today but it was to risky. Maybe next trip....
Are you part of the creekwerx group? What kind of turbos you guys running? Your sleds rip.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you part of the creekwerx group? What kind of turbos you guys running? Your sleds rip.

No just a guy from sk. turbo is kinda just built from different kits and parts I had on the shelf but it sure rips. It originally started as a boost it ho kit but the intercooled air box was from a early kit and was very restrictive. I’ve since removed the intercooled stuff put a rpm turbo on it from redline, tossed the xic on the shelf and am running a old G2 box from redline. The sled has never ran so good. I have 16 days on this set up and works flawlessly. We mostly tree ride and with this set up I can stab the throttle at any second and it has full power instantly. The sled runs so consistent I’m going to rip the afr out and install a air temp gauge in the air box to see what my charge temps are on my next trip. Even at ten pounds boost on a 2-3 min 3/4 to full pin climb the air box is cold. Had this turbo sled for 6 season now and I have Never been happier with it sure glad redline started to build sled turbos.
Sleds a 2011 pro rmk with over 4000 miles turbo was put on at 800 miles and I’ve done two top ends and one crank.

Little air port climb sure wish the snow was better.

https://youtu.be/FkxZ8i1hM5o

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QLwCK_xYf-8

This is an old one of myself, wait for the end, was a close call.

Nothing worse than wondering when your going to get run over by your sled glad u got out of the way . I got tangled in my machine a couple years ago tumbled with the sled from pretty much the top of the 90 to before the corner. Sled took a big flip and I got the sled in the face broke my goggles and cut my face up. Had a headache for 3 days after. Buddy did a nice hill fix however I did have to go get a doctor to fix me up.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to see the big Doo 1200 out there, they are a rare sight. I really respect guys riding what most won't or can't ride and making them unique, your's seems to be working real good. Thanks for sharing, give me a call next time your out this way.

Thanks lund! It has deff been a work in progress to make it work good. I get harassed pretty good by my buddies for riding older heavier iron...but all in good fun. We looked for you when we were in the monster bowl but weather wasn’t the greatest either at the time. We were the only ones that dropped into the monster bowl which was nice to play around in with fresh snow. Next year I will deff let you know when we come down...do at least one trip to revy a year...hoping to do it 2 times next year.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks lund! It has deff been a work in progress to make it work good. I get harassed pretty good by my buddies for riding older heavier iron...but all in good fun. We looked for you when we were in the monster bowl but weather wasn’t the greatest either at the time. We were the only ones that dropped into the monster bowl which was nice to play around in with fresh snow. Next year I will deff let you know when we come down...do at least one trip to revy a year...hoping to do it 2 times next year.

That was our original plan and i think we should had headed to the Monster but some in our group were concern about the weather being too unstable in the afternoon. Thinking we might get caught in a storm, its not a good place to be stuck in if the weather turns bad.
We got up to Killer hill and i looked down towards the Monster bowl and it was untouched, betting it was 2+ft of fresh in there.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/HLP8PAv9ZIs

my view in the sister chute. I almost had some carnage..lol....might have even tapped the ski off the rock I’m not sure.

There is NOTHING in mountain sledding that is more of a rush and satisfying then pulling a chute. They are the most memorable moments of my sledding career even though i no longer pull extreme chutes i find it very difficult not to do any chutes. Once its in your blood, its like a drug, thus why some ride turbo'ed 4 strokes sleds for the need to satisfy that addiction.
I have past on from certain pull's and for the rest of the day it nags me with regret that i should had pulled it but maybe that is a good thing.

Last edited:

DeNytroguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was our original plan and i think we should had headed to the Monster but some in our group were concern about the weather being too unstable in the afternoon. Thinking we might get caught in a storm, its not a good place to be stuck in if the weather turns bad.
We got up to Killer hill and i looked down towards the Monster bowl and it was untouched, betting it was 2+ft of fresh in there.

Definatley should have done the trip out to monster bowl... oh well.

Top Bottom