Chirp wont load to bottom Baofeng channel

John Cambell

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I have a dual baofeng 82 radio

I can upload to my radio fine. All the fsr, and bca channels etc, but it only loads to the top of my selection of my radio. THe bottom selector is left with the radio frequency still such as 150.500 (no channels).... what am i doing wrong?

flatspeed

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I have a dual baofeng 82 radio

I can upload to my radio fine. All the fsr, and bca channels etc, but it only loads to the top of my selection of my radio. THe bottom selector is left with the radio frequency still such as 150.500 (no channels).... what am i doing wrong?
chirp_settings1.png

In settings, display mode a and b both need to say 'name' like in the above pic

Reactions: RGM

John Cambell

Reaction score
hey, i found it!!!. thanks... channel b was set to frequency. I think you solved my problem!. thank you so very much!

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also menu 21 and 22. If you want to see what the frequency actual is so someone can use the same one it is easy to just change the display

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone try out the Uv-15R radios? they are 999 channels suppose to be 10watt. Probably another pile of crap baofeng radio. Anyway i will let you know in a month or so how they work and what power they really are. Software looks interesting anyway.

MOUNTAIN MICKEY

Reaction score
Probably the same as the UV 13 pro---not 10w does not have dual PTT not an 8800mah battery and the real give away it only has H & L power. Can always tell the radio is a 5w as they dont display the high power level in the advertising. Another thing you will find that after programing, channels 1 to 44 will show that they are programed to your needs but when you transmit they are stuck in the frequencies that came from the factory. Also they are not Chirp supported--they do have 999 channels

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another one i have coming is the Quansheng TG-UV2 plus. Now i have had these radios before, they worked pretty good, but i never done enough testing on them. This time i will really give them a go. To bad that Zastone buggered up the A-19 radios. These things were amazing at range a clearity. Not one radiio out of 60 or so models i tried even tough these things. Now they are not so good.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the quansheng did pretty good not a bad radio, the Leixen did reach to 24 watts on one of the vhf frequencies thought is was bullch!t but it is not, it does not have name mode so it is a bit of a pain.

Top Bottom