Chinese knockoff Go-pros?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody try one of these? I've already got a Drift, but for under a hundred bucks I couldn't resist ordering one of these. Side by side comparisons with a Hero 3 on Youtube look pretty good.

Edit: I wonder why the pink ones are 2 bucks cheaper? :confused:

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one in the add you have posted I believe is a knock off of the knock off. The actual knock off says SJCAM on the camera. If it doesn't say that then its even a cheaper version. I know hard to believe.

I ordered one with two batteries and all the clips for under a $100. Based on the reviews it didn't look horrible for video quality and was even better than the cheaper gopro in some situations. Haven't received it yet.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got one a month ago for $80 delivered its a great deal only tried it a couple of times but works fine and it came with a box full of attachments most of my old go pro attachments work with it also well worth $80

XanderKane

Reaction score
I also purchased the SJCAM SJ4000 wifi. Great camera, footage is super crisp and clear. I've used it sledding in -28 and my first battery captured almost an hour of footage. I don't recommend the wifi version, I thought it would be great but it lags worst than advertised. Definitely would recommend. Geekbuying.com sells the real SJCAM for 89.99.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also purchased the SJCAM SJ4000 wifi. Great camera, footage is super crisp and clear. I've used it sledding in -28 and my first battery captured almost an hour of footage. I don't recommend the wifi version, I thought it would be great but it lags worst than advertised. Definitely would recommend. Geekbuying.com sells the real SJCAM for 89.99.

I just ordered an original non wifi sj4000, can't beat the price, they even pricematch banggood

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a vivitar camera got it from WalMart 60$ Canadian. Comes with water proof case(works) good quality same shape as gopro.

I also have this camera, go it at CT on sale fore $49.00. I am impressed with video quality versus price.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many people have lost or broken their expensive go pro or other similar camera?. after all isnt everything made in china. it cheap and reviews are good.
we pay way to much for electronics.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I think I am going to grab one of these. Any advice? Is there anything a guy needs or should stay away from (like the wifi thing?)

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I think I am going to grab one of these. Any advice? Is there anything a guy needs or should stay away from (like the wifi thing?)

Well I just ordered 3 of them. Self defense.....2 kids so if I order 3 I'll get to keep one maybe. :D I stayed away from the wifi version too. Don't want to take the chance it'll interfere with our beacons. Didn't get carried away with ordering mounts till I see if the camera's any good. If you order from Banggood the pink one, and the gold-ish one are cheaper. I have no idea why, but my daughter is getting a pink one. That's all i know till I try them out.

nate_9ers

Reaction score
I ordered one awhile ago and has still yet to come in, been about 3 weeks now. I'll post a sledding vid with it when I get it.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When ordering there are a few retailers that show the differences between the SJCAM and the knockoffs. Hard to believe they make knock offs of knock offs but there is a quality difference in the non SJCAM.

Also it takes 5-6 weeks to come from China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When ordering there are a few retailers that show the differences between the SJCAM and the knockoffs. Hard to believe they make knock offs of knock offs but there is a quality difference in the non SJCAM.

Also it takes 5-6 weeks to come from China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much for the 7-20 day standard delivery I guess.

Top Bottom