Chinese diesel heaters for enclosed sled trailer

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I just put in a happy buy Amazon rig. Best 200$ ever. Works super well. This far at least.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up this trailer 3 weeks ago after backing out of a 40k new trailer from a ch!t dealer that went sideways. It was a bare 22 foot sides and 4 foot V nose, I spent the last 3 weeks rigging it up with all that you see in the pics including 20 led lights you see in the roof. I installed 2 diesel heaters one in the front and one in the rear in the cabinets, 2 6 volt battery's, convertor, custom 53 liter fuel tank, switch panel with usb charge ports, all the ch!t from DSW helmet holder, jug racks, hooks, fuse panel, vents, 400 feet of wire and loom and a million zip ties and 45 hours of work and then had the bottom of the trailer spray foamed 4 inches. heaters work wicked was -28 few days ago heaters had no issues keeping up to +25. I'm into this for 22k
Chris are you running a primary diesel fuel pump at the tank to boost the pressure for that long run or are these little pumps pulling that distance? Thanks and it looks awesome!

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up this trailer 3 weeks ago after backing out of a 40k new trailer from a ch!t dealer that went sideways. It was a bare 22 foot sides and 4 foot V nose, I spent the last 3 weeks rigging it up with all that you see in the pics including 20 led lights you see in the roof. I installed 2 diesel heaters one in the front and one in the rear in the cabinets, 2 6 volt battery's, convertor, custom 53 liter fuel tank, switch panel with usb charge ports, all the ch!t from DSW helmet holder, jug racks, hooks, fuse panel, vents, 400 feet of wire and loom and a million zip ties and 45 hours of work and then had the bottom of the trailer spray foamed 4 inches. heaters work wicked was -28 few days ago heaters had no issues keeping up to +25. I'm into this for 22k

That’s a nice friggin rig man.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris are you running a primary diesel fuel pump at the tank to boost the pressure for that long run or are these little pumps pulling that distance? Thanks and it looks awesome!
Pulling it no problem once primed no issues.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to the Lock Screen and enter 1688. It unlocks the controller and you can turn the fans speed up or down, pump pulses and altitude
The pump pulses are in hertz so I recommend leaving it alone unless you know what you are doing and are prepared to run some analytics on the heater after you change the settings to determine if what you did helped or hurt performance. Most of the time when people mess with the pump frequency they wind up with a heater that doesn't work, or is really inefficient. The settings are typically adjustable between 0.5-8 hz. Standard ranges are 1.5-6 hz but will vary between heater manufacturers - check your manuals.

Here are the generic error codes for probably 90% of these heaters if anyone needs them (can't remember if they were posted or not yet).

E-01 Voltage is too High
E-02 Voltage is too Low
E-03 Glow Plug failure
E-04 Pump failure
E-05 Too hot
E-06 Motor failure
E-07 Controller not connected properly
E-08 The Burner flame has extinguished (this varies between heaters and may come up as "intake air insufficient" which means your intake air is frozen off or plugged).

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Facebook Chinese heater has great info

I changed my fan blade cleaner mm’s
Changed my pulse.
Changed my fan speeds
Changed elevation
Works amazing now

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone who’s screws with sled clutches can figure this out.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Facebook Chinese heater has great info

I changed my fan blade cleaner mm’s
Changed my pulse.
Changed my fan speeds
Changed elevation
Works amazing now
arff - can you post your numbers for these changes? Might help some of these other folks tweak theirs. Didn't think so many people would be into these little heaters - this thread has been great. I'll pull both of mine this weekend and post them as well.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
arff - can you post your numbers for these changes? Might help some of these other folks tweak theirs. Didn't think so many people would be into these little heaters - this thread has been great. I'll pull both of mine this weekend and post them as well.

ok. Give me at bit. Am at the pool bar in Mexico.
I will look at my info.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are my F ups
Over fueled. Had a long exhaust pipe.
Cooled heater too much

Major flooded. Had to take heater apart twice. lol

I grab specs and picks after my beers

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pump pulses are in hertz so I recommend leaving it alone unless you know what you are doing and are prepared to run some analytics on the heater after you change the settings to determine if what you did helped or hurt performance. Most of the time when people mess with the pump frequency they wind up with a heater that doesn't work, or is really inefficient. The settings are typically adjustable between 0.5-8 hz. Standard ranges are 1.5-6 hz but will vary between heater manufacturers - check your manuals.

Here are the generic error codes for probably 90% of these heaters if anyone needs them (can't remember if they were posted or not yet).

E-01 Voltage is too High
E-02 Voltage is too Low
E-03 Glow Plug failure
E-04 Pump failure
E-05 Too hot
E-06 Motor failure
E-07 Controller not connected properly
E-08 The Burner flame has extinguished (this varies between heaters and may come up as "intake air insufficient" which means your intake air is frozen off or plugged).

Yah I never messed with the pulses but did turn the fan up. I just read a few guys heaters flooded out and had to adjust altitude and pump pulses.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are my F ups
Over fueled. Had a long exhaust pipe.
Cooled heater too much

Major flooded. Had to take heater apart twice. lol

I grab specs and picks after my beers
LOL all good buddy, hope you have a nice time in Mexico!

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine worked good last year in a 6x14 with the roof insulated. this year after insulating the walls and sheeting in the roof it is hit or miss one time it works good the next it goes down on E05 which i believe is the high temp shut down. Thoughts?

Heavybrewster

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I did my first trip using the trailer i have been renovating. I have found that there is a lot of moisture from putting sleds inside and allowing to warm and melt the ice off. Do you guys have any tips on controlling moisture inside these units?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine worked good last year in a 6x14 with the roof insulated. this year after insulating the walls and sheeting in the roof it is hit or miss one time it works good the next it goes down on E05 which i believe is the high temp shut down. Thoughts?
Usually that is an air temp shut down, like if the air inlet is blocked or restricted, or the exhaust air is restricted. Make sure its got room to flow and there are no bad bends or kinks in the inlet and outlet air flow tubes. Check your fuel line and make sure its pumping fuel with no air leaks. You might have to check your fan speed also.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I did my first trip using the trailer i have been renovating. I have found that there is a lot of moisture from putting sleds inside and allowing to warm and melt the ice off. Do you guys have any tips on controlling moisture inside these units?
Yes, you need to get the moisture out of any enclosed, or it will cause you sled and trailer problems. First year I had an enclosed I wasn't aware of this and got some condensation in a main plug, ruined a day of riding for a 20 minute fix.

1) get as much snow and ice off the sleds before they go in
2) get a squeegee (might have to cut it down to get in and around sleds easier) and push as much water out as you can asap once it starts melting
3) get a fan (perfect world - put in a ceiling fan). and get a roof vent if you can.

I installed vinyl flooring and a floor drain near the rear door and mounted a fan on the side vent, blowing out. I kick and clean off as much snow as possible and run the heater on the way back to hotel / house. Usually by the time I get to the hotel or the house, most of the snow / ice / water is on the floor, I squeegee out most of it. I park the trailer on a very slight angle to the rear, or use tongue jack to raise trailer nose slightly. Crank on the fan to suck the humidity out, run heater for about an hour as the water melts it runs out the back and onto the ground so watch if you are walking around there, it can get slippery. Residual heat usually takes care of the rest of the moisture. Can always leave the door open a crack for a bit to help.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So pretty much finished installing my CDH. I am now thinking I will put the exhaust out the side using one on the thru hull fittings. For those that have done that did you still use the muffler? If I cut the pipe will it still fit on the thru hull fitting?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can. I use the flexible heater vent. It will slide right over your thru-hull fitting. Then gear clamp it.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So pretty much finished installing my CDH. I am now thinking I will put the exhaust out the side using one on the thru hull fittings. For those that have done that did you still use the muffler? If I cut the pipe will it still fit on the thru hull fitting?
If you need it to be quiet you could use the muffler, but personally I have never used them.

Top Bottom