Chinese diesel heaters for enclosed sled trailer

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they are. But it’s stainless, has the proper seals for both sides and made for marine.
BOAT = Bring Out Another Thousand.

When I bought mine for my boat I looked hard for one because they were so expensive. I found parts in the UK for cheaper then here. So I ordered one from there. Then thought to myself “why didn’t you just build one” lol

Reactions: zal

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought about building my own. But I didn’t have any stainless at the shop. Lol.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got mine a couple of days ago. It seems that if you ran some extra length of exhaust on the inside of the trailer before venting outside that you would keep more heat in. Anyone do this?
You could, but the exhaust is only hot when the heater is running full tilt. I have mine inside on the trailer as it exhausts out the floor and it doesn't give you that much heat recovery. If you plumbed it so the outlet air was blowing across it, I guess you could get a little more but I'm not sure the increased risk would be worth it for most. Once it idles down, the exhaust goes down to about 80 C (from about 210 C full on) so it would be minimal.

Reactions: RGM

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up this trailer 3 weeks ago after backing out of a 40k new trailer from a ch!t dealer that went sideways. It was a bare 22 foot sides and 4 foot V nose, I spent the last 3 weeks rigging it up with all that you see in the pics including 20 led lights you see in the roof. I installed 2 diesel heaters one in the front and one in the rear in the cabinets, 2 6 volt battery's, convertor, custom 53 liter fuel tank, switch panel with usb charge ports, all the ch!t from DSW helmet holder, jug racks, hooks, fuse panel, vents, 400 feet of wire and loom and a million zip ties and 45 hours of work and then had the bottom of the trailer spray foamed 4 inches. heaters work wicked was -28 few days ago heaters had no issues keeping up to +25. I'm into this for 22k

Attachments

• TRAILER10.jpg
    TRAILER10.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 386
  • TRAILER11.jpg
    TRAILER11.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 392
  • TRAILER 1.jpg
    TRAILER 1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 379
  • TRAILER2.jpg
    TRAILER2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 370
  • TRAILER3.jpg
    TRAILER3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 382
  • TRAILER9.jpg
    TRAILER9.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 384
  • TRAILER8.jpg
    TRAILER8.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 397
  • TRAILER7.jpg
    TRAILER7.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 378
  • TRAILER6.jpg
    TRAILER6.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 376
  • trailer15.jpg
    trailer15.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 381
  • trailer19.jpg
    trailer19.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 379
  • trailer15.jpg
    trailer15.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 361
  • trailer18.jpg
    trailer18.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 389

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any failures / fires / leaks / shorts with any of these heaters?
Pretty sure none of them have any sort of certification whatsoever. Wonder how an insurance claim would pan out if a trailer full of sleds went up in flames.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any failures / fires / leaks / shorts with any of these heaters?
Pretty sure none of them have any sort of certification whatsoever. Wonder how an insurance claim would pan out if a trailer full of sleds went up in flames.
They are pretty idiot proof, if anything goes wrong they just shut off, at least that's been my experience. They can only inject a finite amount of fuel, and I've never had one run away, they've got a lot of failsafes. If you got them too close to something flammable that would be an install issue, not a heater issue.

Treerider

Reaction score
I picked up this trailer 3 weeks ago after backing out of a 40k new trailer from a ch!t dealer that went sideways. It was a bare 22 foot sides and 4 foot V nose, I spent the last 3 weeks rigging it up with all that you see in the pics including 20 led lights you see in the roof. I installed 2 diesel heaters one in the front and one in the rear in the cabinets, 2 6 volt battery's, convertor, custom 53 liter fuel tank, switch panel with usb charge ports, all the ch!t from DSW helmet holder, jug racks, hooks, fuse panel, vents, 400 feet of wire and loom and a million zip ties and 45 hours of work and then had the bottom of the trailer spray foamed 4 inches. heaters work wicked was -28 few days ago heaters had no issues keeping up to +25. I'm into this for 22k

That is a really nice setup! Great job!

Did you get your 2 heater cabinets and the front work bench cabinet from DSW??

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What no massage chair?

Top Bottom