Chinese diesel heaters for enclosed sled trailer

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There has got to be a way to insulate it further to deaden the sound of the pump. Can't be any louder than a forced air furnace

It is not crazy bad.
I will play around with it in the next few weeks.
Insulated tarp on floor will be nice with rv matt.
Plus walls and ceiling are insulated
Be nice and warm

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got some carpet chunks from a buddy that was changing his out. Put down in the front of my enclosed kinda in the "living /kitchen" area. Worked good.

Attachments

• 20201018_192153.jpg
    20201018_192153.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 322

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, my heater is mounted on a stand

This year hunting I will lay a insulated tarp on the floor, Then the rv matt. Be a warmer floor then
Ya heaters on stand. Was thinking more about the ducting.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There has got to be a way to insulate it further to deaden the sound of the pump. Can't be any louder than a forced air furnace

If you have a kit with where all the parts come separate, you need to use the rubber mount for the fuel pump and also don't mount it direct to the frame or wall studs, as the sound will reverberate through the frame or wall. You can enclose it to further keep the sound down. If you have a stand alone unit with all the parts in one housing, you can enclose it too, I'm not sure what else you would be able to do, maybe soft mount it (don't screw it directly to the floor?)

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone run those unit outside and just have connect on trail for heater outlet? Want multiple uses for the heater, trail and tent if possible.

Just wondering how the actual unit does in the cold of winter sitting outside pushing heat inside.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone run those unit outside and just have connect on trail for heater outlet? Want multiple uses for the heater, trail and tent if possible.

Just wondering how the actual unit does in the cold of winter sitting outside pushing heat inside.

My buddy has his mounted outside of his enclosed trailer. Just heat pipe going inside. works great.

We will setup our hunting tent with the heater outside. Pipe blowing inside.
See how it works.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Is this the same one that you all have been buying off of the Amazon?

The controllers a bit different but very similar, that only has a dial and display where the Happy Heat one has fancy controller, the brochure is the exact same as mine. This is what I paid for mine last fall. Id sent that to the guy on Amazon, he may match it. The remote on the Amazon one had digital display and buttons the remote on the Weiner one is just buttons, so It does appear to have some additional functions.

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so how do these compare to the Polar that Specialty is selling?

I have a 15K BTU propane mounted up front and its not enough, thinking of adding a Polar to the middle or rear for the cold season.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
so how do these compare to the Polar that Specialty is selling?

I have a 15K BTU propane mounted up front and its not enough, thinking of adding a Polar to the middle or rear for the cold season.
Probably pretty much the same thing, they look fairly similar. These are just Chinese knockoffs, not sure where the Polar ones are made, could be the same factory who knows. The units at Specialty are a priced well at 999 rather than retail at 1550, and probably wont last long so I would grab one of those or these quickly, winter is coming and they will get harder to buy soon.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazon product ASIN B08QMK598F
I have a few of these style. They've all come down in price a lot in the last 2 years. When I first looked they were $500, a couple years ago they were like $280, and now under $200

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I will too.... hopefully it gets here rather quickly, and I can get it installed before hunt camp week.
Mine was really easy install,,any questions just ask.

Reactions: zal

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will have 3 rv batteries in my enclosed for hunting camp
Will not need generator on very often

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazon product ASIN B08QMK598F
I have a few of these style. They've all come down in price a lot in the last 2 years. When I first looked they were $500, a couple years ago they were like $280, and now under $200
This one looks almost exactly like the one in my crane cab, only mine is all black and says Webasto on it. Has worked flawless for 10 years now.

Top Bottom