Chinese diesel heaters for enclosed sled trailer

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there some kind of screen to keep the bugs etc, out of the exhaust in the warmer months, when it's not in use?

My exhaust goes out the bottom of my trailer. No issues yet.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issues running the heater down the road? I’ve tried twice and both times the heater threw E-08 code. Works fine when sitting there.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issues running the heater down the road? I’ve tried twice and both times the heater threw E-08 code. Works fine when sitting there.

Always use mine to and from Revy no issues

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Last winter I drove from Rocky to Leduc with it running. No issues

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the code is but Where is your vented? The wind from moving is prob tripping your air proving switches.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the code is but Where is your vented? The wind from moving is prob tripping your air proving switches.
That’s what I thought too. The exhaust is coming out of the v nose. I built a 90° elbow to blow the exhaust towards the back of the trailer, that way the air from the truck doesn’t affect it and it still tripped the code.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can that elbow be what causing problems. Its creating to much suction. Just a thought.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s what I thought too. The exhaust is coming out of the v nose. I built a 90° elbow to blow the exhaust towards the back of the trailer, that way the air from the truck doesn’t affect it and it still tripped the code.
What about the intake? Maybe it doesn’t like ram air!

Did you research the code?

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I may have figured it out. The heater made it all the way home without shutting down.
I’m pretty sure I have been starting the heater and not getting it up to speed before taking off in the truck. I also went from 1.4 pulse to 1.5.
Next time out, I’ll know if it was a fluke or not lol.

Last edited:

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys know how long a brand new 12 volt rv battery will run heater?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I may have figured it out. The heater made it all the way home without shutting down.
I’m pretty sure I have been starting the heater and not getting it up to speed before taking off in the truck. I also went from 1.4 pulse to 1.5.
Next time out, I’ll know if it was a fluke or not lol.
I built a couple of these "diverters" for intakes and exhausts over the years. Seem to keep the intakes and exhausts from being force-fed air that causes backpressures issues.

Attachments

• Diverter.jpg
    Diverter.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 194

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Finally figured out my issues and talk about starting at the wrong end of my problem. Cleaned it , reprogrammed it a Fawk my life , still have of issues although programing it reduced the amount of smoke it would only run for about 1/2 hour and die with a 08 code. Went through a list of possibilities and the vent cap was one of the possibilities, sure enough could blow on it from the inside out but there was no way in hell it was getting any air so I put a vent line in the cap and it ran yesterday for 5 hours? Shut er down yesterday, got up this morning and give another 6 hours … All hood! 👍🏻😁🍺

Attachments

• A59028EE-62CF-480F-AD67-9C2759EE2147.jpeg
    A59028EE-62CF-480F-AD67-9C2759EE2147.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 106

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought it was only on the highway that it was quitting but good you got it resolved.

Top Bottom