Check this out!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very cool but looks less impressive than the boost. Cant beat a turbo with a BB. Not sure why he didnt do that with a boost model now that would have been wild

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno max. Every 20 pounds is like 10hp. Won't have all the hp at altitude but I think he said that sled was 40lbs lighter or something

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno max. Every 20 pounds is like 10hp. Won't have all the hp at altitude but I think he said that sled was 40lbs lighter or something

for sure weight is a huge factor. But that constant HP at elevation is proving to be just as good. No more lightweight mod sleds on the snow anymore.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no doubt that lighter is better. It’s easier to ride and more maneuverable. Burandt rides some pretty good elevation so without boost he is losing tons of HP

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for sure weight is a huge factor. But that constant HP at elevation is proving to be just as good. No more lightweight mod sleds on the snow anymore.
I believe you own the Yamaha guys an apology then, since they said that 15 years ago and you just laughed. Ski Doo's not the lightest anymore so now all of a sudden its OK to be fat? Riding a heavy pig is still tiring, with boost or without and digging out 50 lbs less at 10,000 ft would be a huge difference. Lightweight sleds still work as good as they ever have, they are easier to manoeuver and they don't burn as much fuel. And honestly, you can buy a base model, put a few grand into it for some big weight savings, and still be cheaper than a boosted sled.

Just sayin'.....

Top Bottom