Changing your Chain Case Oil Gen5 Summits

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you didnt look inside to inspect anything
Are you supposed too? I never do. Just change it. pulling cover off and on every 500km? That is intrusive maintenance, and likely create other issues like stripped threads lol. I dont't drop the oilpan off the cummins when i change oil either.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spose thats fine but dont trust dealer setup much anymore i like to have a peek

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
you didnt look inside to inspect anything
No Need, chain is tension-ed properly and runs perfect, change oil and ride. It seems the new thing now is to dream up problems, then worry about them, just ride and have fun. I have not opened a chaine case since 2016 Cheers dave

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dave just a suggestion... try a transmission funnel next time. It has a much longer stem so the funnel portion is just out further, makes it easier to pour fluid in and angle the stem where you need it.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
dave just a suggestion... try a transmission funnel next time. It has a much longer stem so the funnel portion is just out further, makes it easier to pour fluid in and angle the stem where you need it.
thanks for this, i will get one, mine works but you have to watch it, I have one with a longer stem, but it in my boat, but will look and get your suggestion, thanks!!!

Top Bottom