Changing lights on the RV to LEDs

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to change the trailer lights on the RV to LEDs.......just wondering what's involved, not electrically challenged but have not done allot of wireing. And the LEDs are a different voltage so want to be prepared when I go get what I need for parts......anyone have experience with this. Thanks in advance. Should mention specifically the rear break and turn signals.

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you done the inside bulbs yet?

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you done the inside bulbs yet?

Arff....you know the brake and turn signals on the raptor suck ass....and as I got a busted light I wanted to replace them with LEDs ..."..I'll do the inside ones once I get the outside ones done.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arff....you know the brake and turn signals on the raptor suck ass....and as I got a busted light I wanted to replace them with LEDs ..."..I'll do the inside ones once I get the outside ones done.

I know one of mine is cracked also. I will replace the complete unit on the rear. I think bumper to bumper should have them. Also I thought they are just 12 volt so just hook them up. I could be wrong.
I also want to change all the interior ones.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I put a pair of LED tail/brake lights on my camper last year, unbolted the old ones, filled the holes with silicon, cut the wires, figure out which was brake which was tail, wired them in accordingly, grounded the lights to the trailer body, bolted lights onto trailer. No voltage change, nothing.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a pair of LED tail/brake lights on my camper last year, unbolted the old ones, filled the holes with silicon, cut the wires, figure out which was brake which was tail, wired them in accordingly, grounded the lights to the trailer body, bolted lights onto trailer. No voltage change, nothing.

Ohh well that's easy enough........LEDs are way safer than the stock bulbs......but I have been reading. Because there is a voltage change that there was more to it than just connecting them from the stock harness. Thanks tylerG

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Ohh well that's easy enough........LEDs are way safer than the stock bulbs......but I have been reading. Because there is a voltage change that there was more to it than just connecting them from the stock harness. Thanks tylerG
Just make sure you buy the 12v assemblies....I'd like to do my interior ones too but the trailer is so old that it doesn't have a power inverter in it. Maybe I'll just disconnect the 12v section of the lights and put some LED's up beside them..... I'll check princess auto see what they've got..

Photo's of the new lights on ours.

trailer2.jpg

trailer 1.jpg

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interior bulbs arrived today. 3 weeks from deal extreme. Great price per bulb

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bahhhh. Took a picture on a sample grass. Drinking beer and installing bulbs.

Me too. I bought a little 22 footer to drag up to Ft Crack with me...so I'm swapping out all the interior bulbs and really enjoying a cold Bud Light...um, ok, 2.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have any reccomendations for led lights that create good interior light for an enclosed trailer...want to ditch the tubes...

I am researching that as well. I purchased 2 led light bulbs to test in the house. Just put them in today.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have spent more on beer putting in led bulbs than the cost of the LEDs. Bahhhh
my god those bulbs must be cheap. eh. are those 921 equivalent bulbs and just how bright are they.

they graduate high school hehe

Top Bottom