Central Air ( AC)

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had a 3ton installed in our 2000sqft 1.5 story. Was $3900 all in. Up in Cold Lake though

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a older unit and the compressor doesnt seem to work.

Should i try fixing it or is it new unit time
I would try hosing off the coils first, could be plugged with dirt and grass and Will cause the compressor to overheat and trip the internal overload switch.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would try hosing off the coils first, could be plugged with dirt and grass and Will cause the compressor to overheat and trip the internal overload switch.

Ill try that. I think it might be the start capacitor.

getzcold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually they got a dual cap. Does the compressor and the condenser fan motor. When the contactor pulls in does the fan move really slow at first. What’s the compressor doing just humming. Check your voltage at the contactor sometimes that shitty disconnect screws up and drops your voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill try that. I think it might be the start capacitor.

Finally got around to looking at it, and all it needs is the capacitor. 2g for a new condenser on amazon

or 20$ for this part on amazon. Think I'll go for the 20$ option. Or does anyone know where to buy one off the self in RD ?

1713197912916.png

Last edited:

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to looking at it, and all it needs is the capacitor. 2g for a new condenser on amazon

or 20$ for this part on amazon. Think I'll go for the 20$ option. Or does anyone know where to buy one off the self in RD ?

View attachment 282184

My pool pump quit working, pool guys wanted like $1500 to come replace the pump was a $11 capacitor that took me 5 minutes to change gotta love you tube .

Get the capacitor from Amazon will be at your house in a day or two

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My pool pump quit working, pool guys wanted like $1500 to come replace the pump was a $11 capacitor that took me 5 minutes to change gotta love you tube .

Get the capacitor from Amazon will be at your house in a day or two

Yup youtube is awesome.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Emco had them in stock. 15$ thanks for the sugestions 🍺
Make sure you use a screwdriver and short all 3 terminals out to discharge them on old one and on new one before handling. “ C” is common, “Herm” is compressor and “F” is fan for the terminals.

Top Bottom