Central Air ( AC)

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day Gang,

Any recommendations or companies to deal with ref: Central Air for a house before Summer comes.

Thank you, any contractor please PM me located in Deadmonton.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Alliance Enterprises LTD out of stony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been considering A/C actually, anyone know a ballpark cost on 2500 sq/ft 2 story?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are thinking about doing it you will want to commit to it sooner than later. My buddy owns a HVAC company and has major supply chain issues.

getzcold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been considering A/C actually, anyone know a ballpark cost on 2500 sq/ft 2 story?

Probably a 4 ton
Easy install 5000-6000 cash if you can find a guy doing it on the side
Big resy company will be 8-10 smaller one bet around 7.
Tough install price goes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were having one installed in 2 weeks, a 10 month waiting list to get a contractor lined up to get it done. Started quoting in August, finally going to happen. Just under $6000 all tax's installed.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want one I'd suggest getting quotes ASAP, we ordered ours last year near the end of May and got the last unit our installer had.

We are 1,420 sqft, 2,170sqft including basement, we have a 2 ton Lennox Merit ML14XC1 ($650 step up from a base model, but more efficient) and paid $5,600 all in. Our install was easy though, furnace and electrical panel are right against the outside wall, and the AC unit sits on the opposite side of the wall from the furnace.

We were quoted as low as $4,800 for some off brand unit, but the specs said it was quite a bit noisier than what we got.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want one I'd suggest getting quotes ASAP, we ordered ours last year near the end of May and got the last unit our installer had.

We are 1,420 sqft, 2,170sqft including basement, we have a 2 ton Lennox Merit ML14XC1 ($650 step up from a base model, but more efficient) and paid $5,600 all in. Our install was easy though, furnace and electrical panel are right against the outside wall, and the AC unit sits on the opposite side of the wall from the furnace.

We were quoted as low as $4,800 for some off brand unit, but the specs said it was quite a bit noisier than what we got.
It wasn’t too long ago I did the same size system in my place for less than $1000 (well, more than a decade). Inflation is crazy.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wasn’t too long ago I did the same size system in my place for less than $1000 (well, more than a decade). Inflation is crazy.

For sure it is, from what I gathered AC costs went up about 20% in 2021 from 2020. That $4,800 quote was from a company that did a co-workers unit, they quoted me a 2.5ton and my co-worker got a 3 ton, he paid $4,000 though in 2020.

I'm not sure how it will be this year, but last year far more people wanted AC then there was units available, prices could rise with demand. I wasn't going to argue the price, they had a unit and time to install, and I had a pregnant wife wanting AC. It hit 42c here the week after it was installed, I considered it paid for then and there.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure it is, from what I gathered AC costs went up about 20% in 2021 from 2020. That $4,800 quote was from a company that did a co-workers unit, they quoted me a 2.5ton and my co-worker got a 3 ton, he paid $4,000 though in 2020.

I'm not sure how it will be this year, but last year far more people wanted AC then there was units available, prices could rise with demand. I wasn't going to argue the price, they had a unit and time to install, and I had a pregnant wife wanting AC. It hit 42c here the week after it was installed, I considered it paid for then and there.
Basically the same here, even if you could get a unit, every hvac company was booked. We finally got a couple of quotes from quality companies in the area, we agreed on a spring installation, 50% deposit and they ordered unit in September, confirmed its arrival 2 weeks ago and install booked. We had crazy heat the last few years, I am looking forward to climate control in the house this year.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dahm that's insane pricing. When I built home i'm in now in 2015 a 5 ton was only $4k installed, I know when building it's less and that's no electrical but still.

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct about costs and supply. For this time of year it is already worse than last year. 2 years ago $3500 was average for a 3 ton installed, now 5000 plus is more like it.

The only brand I would avoid is Goodman. The biggest problem with other less known brands is that parts could become an issue if a distributer drops them. That won't happen to Trane, Lennox, Carrier, or any other well known brand.

In rough terms 1 ton of cooling for 600 square feet, excluding basement, is good.

PM me if you need any help, I run a company, not a guy on the side.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a older unit and the compressor doesnt seem to work.

Should i try fixing it or is it new unit time

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a older unit and the compressor doesnt seem to work.

Should i try fixing it or is it new unit time
Usually when the compressor is gone the unit should be replaced. When you factor in the extra time and cost of refrigerant (new ones are precharged) you won't save much repairing. Then the whole thing is new and warrantied.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The (dubious) rules regarding refrigerants allowed is definitely one of the biggest causes for the inflated pricing in the last 10 years.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually when the compressor is gone the unit should be replaced. When you factor in the extra time and cost of refrigerant (new ones are precharged) you won't save much repairing. Then the whole thing is new and warrantied.

Do you have to replace all the stuff thats hooked up to the furnace on the inside of the house? Or can you just replace the unit that is outside the house?

Top Bottom