Caution Buying Mirage Trailer.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after 4 years here is what your Mirage trailer will look like. Called the factory and they will do some thing about it ONLY if i take it back to the factory. Well how far away is that 4-5 days of driving hotels ect. Cheaper to get rid of this trailer and buy a better trailer. Blamed it on not washing it enough. Mentioned if he wanted picts of it and not interested and said i had nothing to gain posting them on the internet??? The problem with it is when you join dissimilar metal like aluminum to steel they BOTH have to be coated or there will be a reaction. Was happy with the trailer and was expecting this in 10+ years not 4. Also the axles are starting to crack where the tortion axle hooks to frame.

Attachments

• Sledding Groat Creek 020.jpg
    Sledding Groat Creek 020.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,326
  • Sledding Groat Creek 021.jpg
    Sledding Groat Creek 021.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,321
  • Sledding Groat Creek 022.jpg
    Sledding Groat Creek 022.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,314
  • Sledding Groat Creek 023.jpg
    Sledding Groat Creek 023.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,316

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yikes!!!:eek: I've had my Nashcar for four years now and still looks almost new. It is however all aluminum construction. I think you have a legit beef there.:twocents:

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that sucks man bring it to the dealer u bought it at and park it out front with a big banner on the side explaining your story get a Internet domain like www.miragetrailerssuck.com they deserve it

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats electrolasis corrosion plain and simple! Has nothing to do with washing! If seen that before on reefer trailers.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that sucks man bring it to the dealer u bought it at and park it out front with a big banner on the side explaining your story get a Internet domain like www.miragetrailerssuck.com they deserve it

SWS is not a dealer anymore. Basically screwed just cautioning others or driving 20+ HRS 1 way to get it fixed

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SWS is not a dealer anymore. Basically screwed just cautioning others or driving 20+ HRS 1 way to get it fixed

That sucks SWS is actually a really good dealer, give mirage some push sometimes these companies feel they can push a consumer around. The extra money you could get for the trailer selling it all fixed up would it pay to go the 20 hrs cause I can't imagine it will be easy to sell your trailer as it is

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened with our mirage work trailer, only two years old though. The outer sheet also tore off the side door.:eek:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what happens when you slap alum on steel frame same thing on my old trailer. Went to a full alum with hard wall sides best move ever.

Last edited:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well u want to save money that what u get i always say u get what u pay for:rolleyes:

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that trailer would be hard to sale,sorry for your luck.i'd phone the dealer again and tell them your posting pictures on the internet and people are telling you to fight them on it and this is going to be bad for there business. which trailers are the all aluminim costruction?

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
that trailer would be hard to sale,sorry for your luck.i'd phone the dealer again and tell them your posting pictures on the internet and people are telling you to fight them on it and this is going to be bad for there business. which trailers are the all aluminim costruction?

Nashcar, Featherlite, and I believe Triton? Probably others as well. I have a Nashcar that was rolled on the hiway that looks better than the Mirage LOL

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
featherlite or the trailers that firefly sells on here :d or mission trailers too

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ever get to red deer allandale industries (featherlite haulmark dealer)are excellent at reskinning stuff like that, granted sill probably 100+ shop rates but it might be fixupable.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
If you ever get to red deer allandale industries (featherlite haulmark dealer)are excellent at reskinning stuff like that, granted sill probably 100+ shop rates but it might be fixupable.

Problem is...Still have a steel frame with aluminum skin...

Only way to do it right is to reskin the ENTIRE trailer in steel...Not worth the money. Drive it till it falls apart then junk it...Economy trailers are disposable...

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nashcar, Featherlite, and I believe Triton? Probably others as well. I have a Nashcar that was rolled on the hiway that looks better than the Mirage LOL

Tritons are all Aluminum. Did you buy your trailer in Wabasca ?

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have 34 foot goose neck mirage with a heater cabnets and 2 fuel cells. the trailer is 3 years old (still in warrenty) and we were going down the highway and the fuel cell broke off and was dragging down the highway(full of fuel) so we called down to mirage and the guy told us he will not warrenty it becasue we are close to the end of the warrenty and also our cabents are starting to fall apart the only thing we have put in them is oil and our helmets and they are starting to fall off the wall. we also have side pannel issues just like the pictures. we are less than pleased :realmad::mad:

Top Bottom