Cattaract Creek.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hill before the shale and after were in good shape as of last Sunday.If the wind has been blowing the snow will be thin on the summit but its awsome on the BC side.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to go for a trail ride on Saturday, what shape are the trails in and how much snow is around there now?

Rob

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to Cataract on Saturday. Hopefully conditions are decent.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let us know what the conditions are like, and post some pictures. I have never sledded there and my parents live just out side of Longview go figure!!:D

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were there on Friday. Went up Fording but did not drop into the BC side. Trail up was in good shape but the top was exposed as usual. Trail was groomed up to the first creek crossing.

No pictures but the snow was good. We went as far South as we could but the Yamaha had a fuel leak and we had to head back on the road to Cataract staging area. No complaints as far as conditions. Should be a good weekend for everyone.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crossed over the pass today.Trai in was decent. Snow on the BC side was still really good, about 5 feet total in the back bowls.Had to cut the day short after i tried a hill that was steeper then it looked.Only roled it about 6or 7 times.:D Nothing a new hood and new steering post wont fix!
IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1073-1.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crossed over the pass today.Trai in was decent. Snow on the BC side was still really good, about 5 feet total in the back bowls.Had to cut the day short after i tried a hill that was steeper then it looked.Only roled it about 6or 7 times.:D Nothing a new hood and new steering post wont fix!

Good luck finding a hood and nosecone, they're surprisingly hard to find...cycle jerks said that polaris stopped making them now, so the only way to go is used. Have fun.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Cataract Creek.

here's 2 pic's. The trails were in good shape. There's always little spots there with rocks or gravel on the trail. I hate that sound when the skis run over it. I don't think you're allowed to ride off trail and I wouldn't recommend it. Lots of landmines under there. It's actually very deep in the trees... or so I heard :) Could use more snow everywhere else.
The second photo is on Fallers (I think) very little snow up there. The packed trail was about it and it was only 3 or 4 inches. Does anyone know if you can ride or get to the areas on the other side from here? Looks like some better play areas if they get more snow. The wind on the highway in was brutal. We found gravel on the back of the truck.

Attachments

• HPIM0530 (Small).jpg
    HPIM0530 (Small).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 137
  • HPIM0532 (Small).jpg
    HPIM0532 (Small).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 134

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with a buddy from longview he said it is snowing pretty hard there right now, figures there is about 3" of new snow just from today....so it might be getting hit hard a Cattaract right now!!

Rhoc

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the snow as of 01/28/08. Not the best way to finish a day of fun but walked away.

Attachments

• IMG_4170.jpg
    IMG_4170.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4171.jpg
    IMG_4171.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_4173.jpg
    IMG_4173.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 139

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YOU KNOW THAT A CHAINSAWREALLY WOULD'VE BEEN EASIER, AND PROBABLY A LOT LESS COSTLY.... DID YOU TAKE OUT THE REST OF THE TREES IN THE AREA TOO???????? LOL
BAHAHAHAHA J/K:ha_ha::Happy4::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::Cla::Cla::Cla:
YA, I KNOW.... MURPHY'S LAW.... HIT THE ONLY TREE IN THE AREA.... THAT TREE MAGNETISM, EH. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.

Fordx4ing

Reaction score
Yeah, too bad it wasn't his machine. I was ridin the GF's(his sister in law) sled for the day and we switched for a minute. She was pissed.:eek:

Top Bottom