Cattaract Creek.

GRD

Reaction score
Re: Cataract Creek

Cataract Creek

Changed the spelling in your subject line, the original post, as well as the snodawg. Thanks for pointing that out. May be a little bit easeir to search on the area.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove out to cataract and etherinton area is morning, the was 2 sleds left from etherinton and no one at cataract.Not a bunch of snow but enough for some people. On my way out i meet 7 sleds heading inn.It was socked inn and snowing light when i was there.Not all of the water ways are frozen over,there must be a rig passed the gates at cataract as i seen 2 water trucks, and best of all i seen a big ram down on the road on way inn i would say he was close to legal what a sight and of course i did`nt take a camera or gps to see if it would track the trip oh well.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went yesterday and there was not much snow anywhere the least I have seen for this time of year down there. On top of Wilkinson Summit there was about 2 feet with a good base but real s&*##y getting there. Atleast we were able to try out the sleds, hopefully in a couple of weeks it will be better.

Rob

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be my truck you saw etherington this morning. it was good and bad out there. found some rocks we had to go through down low, but higher up trails were snow covered and fresh when we were there. maybe 8-10 inches with some drifts being a bit deeper still. but, no base either of course. good day to break in the new engine.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took another drive out to cat and ether and well it did get some fresh snow maybe 3-5 inches i guess, WOW we hit a chinook about 20 k west of longview it was warm and rainning.With the warm weather the snow that fell had settled but was better then the day before.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taken Sunday.
IMG_0950.jpg
We tried the fording pass but we couldn't make it up the last climb just before the border.There was about a foot of snow but not enough of a base to get traction.Mabye this weekend!:D

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates guy's.I am planning on going down possible Sunday. I will let you know what it was like..

Last edited by a moderator:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taken Sunday.
IMG_0950.jpg
We tried the fording pass but we couldn't make it up the last climb just before the border.There was about a foot of snow but not enough of a base to get traction.Mabye this weekend!:D

Now here is a pic that opens up a can of worms. A bunch of junk on the trail with the hoods open!!!! HAHAHA:D Oh and P.S who was the yuts with the BIG mouth out their last weekend, JUST ASKIN

Rhoc

Reaction score
Was out there last weekend (Sunday)and there was about 10 - 12 inches up in the hills. No one has been up the pass yet. Had to go back out on Monday and there was about 1 1/2 feet at the road closure. It has been snowing all week there. I will be in there Saturday and will post again.Hey thats us in the pic above

L0ki

Reaction score
Can't wait till this weekend.. hoping to see some decent snow out there!! Just sucks having to work sat.

Hey your right that is us in that pic!

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taken Friday Dec.7
IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

2-3 feet on the western side of the trail network.
Decent base for the most part with some thinner spots down low.Might try the Fording Pass tommorow.

Cliff Clavin

Reaction score
thanks for the pics, we are heading out tomorrow....was a bit hesitant after seeing the gov. snow report but your pics look pretty good...

Regards

L0ki

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, looks like this weekend might be a bit better than last!! Might have to try the pass.

tasco

Reaction score
I'll try and get out there next week sometime, any one have a day of work and want to go for a ride.

Fordx4ing

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the snow pics. Good to see more snow after having to do repairs to my front suspension after hitting a rock out there last weekend. :mad:

Can't wait to go out again this weekend. :D

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried the pass today but there is a washout about 3/4 of the way up the last hill.:mad:Mabye with a couple more feet of snow a guy could fill it in with snow and make it through.

tasco

Reaction score
here's a shot of the conditions near the Oldman River very south edge of the Cataract area the one on the trail is about 2-3 miles east of the continental divide approx 4 miles north of the Oldman river

Attachments

• Picture 157.jpg
    Picture 157.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 298
  • Copy of Picture 160.jpg
    Copy of Picture 160.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 266
Top Bottom