Cattaract Creek.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch. I see you left two standing for your next trip(s). Trees are deceptively quick (especially conifers) and can jump in your way before you have a chance to react.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most likely couldn't handle the power coming from the Polaris to the summitX he..he..he.Call Landon at "The Sled Parlor",he use to have several of those swing arms up in Carstairs off of wrecked sleds.

minivandan

Reaction score
anyone going to cattaract saturday for leisurely trail riding. got a new sled and the wife and i are not familiar with the area. would like to tag along with an experienced group.

minivandan

Reaction score
probably be unloaded and ready to go for 9ish but could play around the staging area for a bit. what are you riding? i'll be the white minivan with a 04 yellow silver vert escape.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are driving an 07 F-150 with a two place aluma enclosed
if we leave here at 8:30 that puts us there around 10... keep me posted
thanks

catgnomes

Reaction score
Hey - I don't have first hand knowledge of the conditions at cataract, but I always check with the guys with the park - they post updates on grooming and conditions by 5pm every Thursday - which is great so you can plan a weekend. We want to take the kids out maybe February 16th - weather permitting. Here's the link to the last grooming report.

The rest of the info for that area is on this link

Hope it helps

greginbragg

Reaction score
Re: Cattaract Creek - Need Ride Partners.

Looking to ride Cattaract this weekend and perhaps drop into the B.C. side if there is enough snow. OK with Saturday or Sunday. If anyone is planning on going let me know. Could meet out there or I have a two place trailer, so could even hook up in Bragg Creek or somewhere else en route. Riding an 08 Summit X 800. Call me at (403)510-0095 if interested.

Plattler

Reaction score
Member Bunn and I got into the back bowls on Sunday. Lots of rock to traverse across, but the playing was great once we got back in there. (As the pics show). Didn't take any chances on climbing. The pack was too unpredictable, so we stayed in the trees. What a hoot plowing the powder.
:D

By the way, did anyone out there that day pick up a 2 gal Jerry can with fuel? It bounced off somewhere between the big creek crossing and the Elkford interesction.

Attachments

• snowmachine.jpg
    snowmachine.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 187
  • turn1.jpg
    turn1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 198
  • theView.jpg
    theView.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 191

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like some great snow. I enjoyed the same powder in Crowsnest on Sunday. I haven't been through Fording Pass since the beginning of March. glad to see the snow is good on the other side.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how do you think it will be tomorrow(sat)? do you think it's still possible to get over the pass?

Plattler

Reaction score
Hard to say. If any of the snow that hit Calgary got back there it may be ok. Watch out for rocks. I've also heard an avalanche warning for this weekend in the backcountry.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow is starting to fall up top!:d. If the almanac is right we should be riding early November!

Top Bottom