Cattaract Creek.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at cataract and etherington today, I unloaded at cataract and did a little tour, just wanted to test my clutch work on my m8, there is`nt a bunch of snow there but i think if a person unloaded and rode out of etherington and got up higher it would be propb not to bad, but down lower not the best, The open areas arn`t good.When i got home i pulled on the yami 600 mm and it fired right up so i guess it wants to go maybe sunday.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out there today. We staged at Etherington. As has been said before the snow is a bit sparse but there were no bare spots on the trail out of the staging area. As soon as you gain some altitude the snow is better but you wouldn't want to venture off the trail. We rode south down Oyster until Pasque trail joins in then went up Pasque. Went in to Cataract staging area to have a look and I would say that Etherington is the better place to stage at this time.

snodawg

Reaction score
Thanks for the update on conditions at Cataract Creek area. Thinking of riding out there on New Years Day. It's close to home if I can only handle a short ride. Might not be feelin too well that day......:eek:

Rhoc

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been there this year 08.
Thinking of going out on Sunday was there 4 weeks ago and there was snow higher up, didn't make it up the pass.
Any info would be great
Thanks

Keverett

Reaction score
I'm going to try Cataract Jan 5th, I'll try and give you an update tomorrow night. Sunday we're going to hit Corbin Creek I'm hearing it's really good that's if we don't bend anything tomorrow (knock on wood)!

snodawg

Reaction score
Heading to Cataract on Sunday for an easy ride. My wife will be a passenger so I'll be taking it easy and showing her around. We will be staging at Etherington. I'll post a snow report in the evening.

snodawg

Reaction score
Conditions at Cataract-Etherington area as of Jan 6/08. They snow really varies throughout the area. Trails in the south such as Skyline and Pasque are in great shape, lots of snow and very few bumps. From the top of Skyline looking west, sorry to say that there is very little snow in the cutblocks to play in. Cummings was is good shape for snow and trail conditions. The 2km Cataract trail on Etherington had lots of big fun snow drifts to jump. The rest of Etherington was in good to fair conditions. A few patches of dirt showing along the trail. The Valley Bottom trail was in fair shape. I didn't try the Fording Pass this go around cause I had a passenger. But from what I could se looking west, I would suspect lots of dry patches going over the top. The are did receive some snow but it was maybe 5 cm at best. trails are all rideable, just no powder to be found. That's all for this week...

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Snowdawg,thanks for the update.Did you ride all the way along the Skyline?Last time we rode out there,tree's where blocking the north end of the trail just past the first good climb heading from north to south.

jetcheker

Reaction score
Finally heading to Cattaract for first time this Friday, are the trails marked or are there maps available? Thx in advance

tasco

Reaction score
there are signposts with maps on them throughout the trail system at the intersections of the trails. Don't worry to much about getting lost. there is a scew in the map to show you where you are.

jetcheker

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, will be riding there Sat. I would assume by the posts that there is enough to still hit the trails, unless someone as a recent update

jetcheker

Reaction score
Hi Polarice, will be there Sat, probably late morning. Heading down from Red Deer. What R U drivin?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey jet ive got a choice either the 800 or 600 but the 600 is easiest to get out of the trailer

was plannning on leaving here about nine or so

jetcheker

Reaction score
We should be there around 1030-11, were riding Black Edge 550 and 600RMK, if they get out of the shop today. Should know in about 2 hrs.
C U there

jetcheker

Reaction score
Sounds good, will let you know later today, were drivin black Tahoe, 2 place triton with snow cap.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey jet ya didnt miss much not a lot of snow there .... untill we get more snow towards calgary i'll keep driving the extra bit to corbin lots of the white stuff there.... heading down to corbin next thurs poss fri staying till sunday anyone going down there

Top Bottom