Castle Park consultations

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What gets me. Is the people that are "inclined" to use parks for hiking and camping have every right to use any crown land they want. What does making it a park do but keep more people out of it like us and hunters.
Just one more reason to believe that this current government doesn't care about Albertans with their closed door meetings and "public" consultations with only people that are already in the Kool-Aid camp. Utter disgrace

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What gets me. Is the people that are "inclined" to use parks for hiking and camping have every right to use any crown land they want. What does making it a park do but keep more people out of it like us and hunters.
Just one more reason to believe that this current government doesn't care about Albertans with their closed door meetings and "public" consultations with only people that are already in the Kool-Aid camp. Utter disgrace

The closed group that have been in meetings since July have not made any recommendations yet. Government just went ahead and made the decisions without the group recommendations. Even the core invited guests on the committee were ignored. Unreal

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not surprised, it has happened in every sector they are making changes in ...
And not to be an AZZ, but these actions will be eliminating people's livelihoods , not just their recreational pastimes ....
And they really do not appear to consider that ,whatever.

Just think of millions of $$$ lost in taxes and revenue & jobs , when you virtually eliminate that economic activity!Not to mention the spin off effect of loss.
The average random camper has well over 100,000$ worth of product , which he services and maintains / upgrades on an annual basis.....
That's a lot of jobs & $$$ lost again !
How much can a province and economy stand ?
It was a sad day when they got in , and I seen it coming a long time ago ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://talkaep.alberta.ca/CastleMa...ldland-provincial-park-management-plan-survey

Fill out the survey and make sure to make comments. It's about all we can do at this point
I filled out the survey. The questions are one sided. They don't even ask if you agree or disagree that you can't use OHV in the area, only if you agree or disagree with the phasing out period. Clearly biased. Still worth filling out though and I made sure they knew how I felt about things in the comments sections.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I filled out the survey. The questions are one sided. They don't even ask if you agree or disagree that you can't use OHV in the area, only if you agree or disagree with the phasing out period. Clearly biased. Still worth filling out though and I made sure they knew how I felt about things in the comments sections.

Its important that we all respond with positive comments. If we just say the plan is F@^$%D up this would not be right.
Give them options like long term trail use with proper trails and education
Environmentally responsible trails layed out to promote responsible area use
Things like that. OK??

By now you can see the writing is on the wall. With continued use of these machines as a mud hungry chewing machine there will be no riding areas in the future. Times are changing. Or buy your own land and rip and tear there. JMHO

Last edited:

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its important that we all respond with positive comments. If we just say the plan is F@^$%D up this would not be right.
Give them options like long term trail use with proper trails and education
Environmentally responsible trails layed out to promote responsible area use
Things like that. OK??

By now you can see the writing is on the wall. With continued use of these machines as a mud hungry chewing machine there will be no riding areas in the future. Times are changing. Or buy your own land and rip and tear there. JMHO
That's exactly what comments I gave them. There are plenty of ways to have OHV use and still protect riparian areas and the watershed.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I filled out the survey although they clearly aren't interested in any opinion other than what they have decided already. I tried to get across the economic benefits that off road recreation brings to the area as well as the tremendous amount of work that has already been done in the area to minimize environmental impact of said recreation.

mountaincat

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I’m not sure if you have heard about this yet, but the NDP government set up Castle Provincial Park and Castle Wildland Provincial Park south of the Crowsnest Pass, AB. Their press release has stated that they talked to all stakeholders and have support to create these parks. That is far from the case. There was a board put together of stakeholders to make recommendations on land use to the government, but before they produced their reports, the NDP blindsided the board and everyone else by having the press release. A lot of people are trying to prevent these arbitrary changes as the parks will phase out camping, hunting, fishing, and OHV use as we have right now. There is a website and Facebook page set up to help fight the changes:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Website: http://www.castleparks.ca[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Facebook: Speak Out Against Castle Park Draft Plan[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I hope you are able to help us to get the word out because we believe if this goes through, the NDP will push to eliminate more areas as well.[/FONT]

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does one find Shannon Phillips E-mail address, nothing wrong for us too send our concerns too her department many a times.

Asking individual questions with clarification in communication in a on going situation,,, this would take up much of her offices time replying too each of our specific concerns and questions on many topics related too the Park and why OHV use is being restricted.

And asking questions why they had consultations meeting in the first place.

Why did the Alberta government set up these meetings in the first place,,, and why is that this meetings area still on going before the decision too restrict the Castle Area Park of OHV use was announced.

I totally agree, this fiasco will lead to other closers for sure,,, "could" that is.

If someone has her email link, please by all means put it up so I/we can ask these many questions over and over in the weeks ahead.

Lem

PS: If those of us that choose too correspond by direct email too her and her office, please be respectful and ask for specifics too your/our questions.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here starting to feel like a rape victim?

This is becoming the same old story with the NDP.

They hold "public consultations" and then just ram their agenda through.

I think back to bill six, there was massive demonstrations and town halls.

Our MLA attended all of them and witnessed the mood of the majority and the end of the day she still voted with the party as she believed in the spirit of the bill?

WTF ever happened to the will of the majority?

My suggestion is burry your head in the pillow and just let it happen.

Your resistance is futile.

Signed truly,

A Burnt Out Albertan

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does one find Shannon Phillips E-mail address, nothing wrong for us too send our concerns too her department many a times.

Asking individual questions with clarification in communication in a on going situation,,, this would take up much of her offices time replying too each of our specific concerns and questions on many topics related too the Park and why OHV use is being restricted.

And asking questions why they had consultations meeting in the first place.

Why did the Alberta government set up these meetings in the first place,,, and why is that this meetings area still on going before the decision too restrict the Castle Area Park of OHV use was announced.

I totally agree, this fiasco will lead to other closers for sure,,, "could" that is.

If someone has her email link, please by all means put it up so I/we can ask these many questions over and over in the weeks ahead.

Lem

PS: If those of us that choose too correspond by direct email too her and her office, please be respectful and ask for specifics too your/our questions.
LethbridgeWest@albertandp.ca

Good Luck.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll keep all in formed on the personal chat I have with Shannon or her staff.

Nothing like plugging up the government Web email system since that's what its for. LOL.

Small town boy with big dreams,,, all in the good for all users in this soon too be Castle Park idea.

Lem
Good Luck man, the most I got out of them was a forum letter reply.

You may want to just go down to the constituency office and try to corner someone.

Say you want to make a large donation to the NDP and then when you get infront of her rip up the cheque and hit her with the goods.

Wear a go pro.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

She's definitely not the Queen of the Castle in my opinion. That article confirms what most of us already knew regarding NDP public consultations on anything. Unless you are Indigenous or agree with the NDP you will be ignored. It makes me wonder why they even go through the farce of setting up supposed public consultations. Do they think Albertans are that stupid? But then again there are a lot who must be when they voted NDP.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I expect they would send our the well written draft that everyone gets when asking for information, so the plan for me is too be specific in the little wording stuff I know too find out more of the "Whys..."

Why have consultation and not refer too it.
Why band OHV'S in a area that is all ready set-up for them.
Where would the units be used if not there.
What's the purposes other area that these units will venture too.

A few more questions on top of that of course.

Purhaps others can throw out a few more questions I can ask.

Fact finding stuff I call it, anyone and everyone is allowed to ask questions too our government officials at anytime any where.

Might not get the strait goods, but a volley of emails back and forth gets them/ their office thinking.

They too are humans and communication is key at turning on "some" light bulbs.

Gives me something too do in my off time as I hang out in the west country on top of mountains taking in the awesome-ness of the wilds from my simple tracked up farm quad.

Ain't no harm in trying since small town pumpkin always enjoys new challanges.

Lem

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, as has been mentioned be sure to stay polite. You wouldn't want to give them anymore reason to not listen to the public. :rolleyes:

How much jail time is there for being 'otherwise law abbidding', when it comes to this stuff. Like if everything else is in order, what's the worst case scenario for ignoring this bull****??

Top Bottom