Carbs, love em or hate em?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I knew you would like that one. And you are simply incorrect according to my field testing. Xp carbs perform just as well as there new counterpart the Etec. The only Benefit from the Etec is one pull starts and efficiency. In which the m8 has NONE of this.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I knew you would like that one. And you are simply incorrect according to my field testing. Xp carbs perform just as well as there new counterpart the Etec. The only Benefit from the Etec is one pull starts and efficiency. In which the m8 has NONE of this.

The spare M7 starts first or second pull every time. Except after sitting all summer that usually takes 3 pulls and no battery to charge. It's never had the hard starting issues mentioned earlier.

Maybe you guys have some issues giving it a man pull?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The spare M7 starts first or second pull every time. Except after sitting all summer that usually takes 3 pulls and no battery to charge. It's never had the hard starting issues mentioned earlier.

Maybe you guys have some issues giving it a man pull?

Doo's dont have as much compression so they are easier to pull over for the newbies. Bret Rasumussen told me that at the last sled show I was at..... :D

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M8's have there fueling problems as well. I have seen them where they start for 1 to 2 seconds and die, then you 100 pulls into it. Mayby vapour lock, fuel pump, system run dry, i have no freakin idea. The remindy in that situation was pouring gas down the plug holes to get it running. Seen this happen a dozen times to M8's. Pick you poisen at the end of the day.:beer:

Sounds like a throttle position sensor issue to me. Seen it lots of times. Easy to fix, just make sure your throttle is returning to zero both at the hand and the engine.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya try giving your sled some girl tugs like I do then report back

Will do boss. How long can I leave the sled running in the closed shop before I asphyxiate myself with the cat piss exhaust fumes?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That happens on our brand new m8 and old m7. If you didn't give it a man pull the first time it was basically flooded

Thats a load of BS. I really thought for a while that you might know a thing or two about sleds but saying that a carb works better than EFI.....hahahhahahhahahah. Sipp'n on toooo much doolaid there buddy!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a load of BS. I really thought for a while that you might know a thing or two about sleds but saying that a carb works better than EFI.....hahahhahahhahahah. Sipp'n on toooo much doolaid there buddy!!

Have you ever spent time on a carbed ptek? Works just as good as an Etec. Or an m. Or a pro. I own both why would lie. My carbed ptek uses less fuel than our m8 by a long shot so? Show me how I'm wrong

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
Some of the posts are useful, some are humorous and some are just a plain pissing contest.(but still funny)
All replies will be considered but unfortunately I wish I was NOT a grownup and had someone make my decision for me...:rolleyes:
I come from the Harley world where this kind of "battle of the brands" seems to run rampant also.(Usually way more bias comes FROM the metrics if I may add)
I also found a great price on a 2011 Pro RMK but it sold before I could get involved. I'm glad because a throwing a Pro into the mix would have driven me to drink......
More! haha
Maybe the dealerships could be of some influence? Does anyone have any comments on the Cat or Doo dealers in Lethbridge?

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whatever typical doo circle jerking. there all gonna break down at the end of the day.

carbs in my opinion are an outdated pain in the @$$ to deal with. just my two cents

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whatever typical doo circle jerking. there all gonna break down at the end of the day.

carbs in my opinion are an outdated pain in the @$$ to deal with. just my two cents
what's to deal with? I haven't touched a carb in my '08 other than to put them on a new motor...lol. as long as you run some kind of fuel treatment for storage they will never give you any trouble UNTIL you start messing with them.

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say EFI is a far better fuel management system but I could fix a carb on the mountain or trail but would be f***ed if it where a fried EFI .

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what's to deal with? I haven't touched a carb in my '08 other than to put them on a new motor...lol. as long as you run some kind of fuel treatment for storage they will never give you any trouble UNTIL you start messing with them.

maybe i had a lemon who knows.

all im saying is mine was junk, and there was always something wrong with it. if carbs are so great why dont the new sleds have em..

and like i said just my two cents.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe i had a lemon who knows.

all im saying is mine was junk, and there was always something wrong with it. if carbs are so great why dont the new sleds have em..

and like i said just my two cents.
you can still buy a 2013 snowmobile with carbs

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
Some of the posts are useful, some are humorous and some are just a plain pissing contest.(but still funny)
All replies will be considered but unfortunately I wish I was NOT a grownup and had someone make my decision for me...:rolleyes:
I come from the Harley world where this kind of "battle of the brands" seems to run rampant also.(Usually way more bias comes FROM the metrics if I may add)
I also found a great price on a 2011 Pro RMK but it sold before I could get involved. I'm glad because a throwing a Pro into the mix would have driven me to drink......
More! haha
Maybe the dealerships could be of some influence? Does anyone have any comments on the Cat or Doo dealers in Lethbridge?
From what I understand from reliable sources Mr R's is an awesome Doo dealer.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm, the Doo dealership is good?
I have been to the Cat dealership and they seem very friendly and knowledgeable too!
I guess maybe I should just flip a coin to decide if I should go green it yellow.
I kind of like the rider forward look of the Summit. It seems closer to the most recent chassis from the big three.

Top Bottom