Canada set to ban sale of fuel-powered cars & trucks by 2035

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The future is in hydrogen the electric thing is a stepping stone. Electric may hang around for a bit as it will work for commuters in warmer climates but hydrogen will be used for long haulers or non commuter type driving. Our current electrical infrastructure isn't capable of handling the load in it's current form. I know they just upgraded the current underground wires where I live with a injectable liquid that will make the wires last another 40 years. Can't remember what it's called just going buy the guys who were installing it.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt many people have the time to wait in line ups for 1/2 a day every 3 or 4 hours of driving.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric cars are already so much better. I can't imagine how much better they will be 10 years from now.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better how ?
Dramatically less maintenance
Instant torque
Cheap to charge
Autopilot and autonomous features
Better resale value
Safety
Entertainment (netflix/YouTube/games)
More storage space (frunk and trunk)
Better traction control

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better how ?
The range is going to get better as the tech evolves. Similar to how trucks and car have become more efficient on fuel over the years. Wasnt that many years ago a guy could only get 4-500 km out of a tank of fuel, now 800+ is quite attainable.

Less maintenance in the short term would be nice, be interesting to see how well they last after 10-15 years of abuse the consumers put them threw.

Reactions: RXN

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be careful with this train of thought because I'm sure there are some other industries that have received subsidies and we don't want to start calling them bad ideas...
Subsidies are generally used to lure businesses with tax breaks so the community benefits long term. Straight out subsidies to the consumer is used to bribe people to do things that don't make sense. Like upgrading your furnace or better windows. Makes zero economical sense, but with the tax payer paying for it, all of a sudden it starts to make sense.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How to turn our country into a sh!t hole in just a few short years that our ancestors took generations of hard work to build up. It is sickening to watch this happen. A prime example, what spoiled rotten brats can do.

Your son bought one.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is not an electric car thread. It is about banning stuff. But if they did decide to ban electric cars for what ever reason, that would make me pissed as well.

Last edited:

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is not an electric car thread. It is about banning stuff. But if they did decide to ban electric cars for what ever reason, that would make me pissed as well.
Probably in 150year. They will look to Ban electric vehicles.

We'll be foot powered. Like the flintstones.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get to fired up about the banning of gas powered vehicles in 2035. This is a bulls$%t promise that is impossible to keep. That goal post will be kicked down the line a couple times before we can even think about how to handle power requirements needed to charge all the batteries that will be built in CHINA, with lithium mined in CHINA, and the power to run those plants will be powered by COAL. Sounds great for the climate, and our economy.

Top Bottom