Can you believe this is real?

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally dont give a crap about what religion anyone is,there are good and
bad people of all colors and in all religions.We all need to play by one set of rules
PERIOD.I cant believe more and more laws and special rights are being proposed
constantly.This country as well as many others are going to get tore apart at the
seams if our governments dont start treating every man, woman and child of all races
and religions as equals.The government really needs to step in here and set things straight.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well to bad for the hard working Christian. Sounds like they are crying wolf more like it.

I came across a Muslim praying in the coat room where we take off our dirty coveralls. I wonder if I could fine him for not respecting my space. I think not I stepped on his magic carpet to get passed him to hang up my hard hat and coat....tfb.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently the couple didn't even report him to the tribunal. They just bitched about it on Facbook and the matter somehow ended up coming across the tribunal's desk. I'm not Muslim, but I'd still be pretty pissed if I had a landlord that showed up without notice, demanded entry into my apartment, and refused to take off his shoes. Just because they were renting the space doesn't make it any less their home.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw this video shortly after it all happened and damned near had a stroke. However, something just didn't seem right about the story, so I went searching for more info. It turns out that the landlord was pretty ignorant to these tenants and they would have had grounds regardless of what religion they subscribe to.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/l...2000-fine-rules-ontario-human-rights-tribunal

So, if I understand what was said in the article, 24 hours notice was given by the landlord to the tenants before
he brought people over to view the rental space,what he didnt do is give them the one extra hour they asked for.
24 isnt enough, they had to have 25. Am I wrong
That article also NEVER says the landlord came over AT prayer time, it only says he never gave them the extra hour they asked for.(over the 24 hour notice)

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, if I understand what was said in the article, 24 hours notice was given by the landlord to the tenants before
he brought people over to view the rental space,what he didnt do is give them the one extra hour they asked for.
24 isnt enough, they had to have 25. Am I wrong
That article also NEVER says the landlord came over AT prayer time, it only says he never gave them the extra hour they asked for.(over the 24 hour notice)

Hmm, I may have partially misread that article. Going through it a couple more times, it looks to me like they were not only requesting 24 hours of notice but also wanted to be given an hour heads up and it was the hour notice that he repeatedly refused. "I will be accessing your apartment tomorrow." "OK, what time?" Their requests don't seem totally unreasonable, but I totally agree that the penalty for not complying is a bit ludicrous.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he never gave them 24 hours notice,the article would have directly said that
and it did not.If the land lord would have interupted their player time the article
also would have directly said those words.Again it did not.(prayer time is not a law )
The landlord was fined by a CANADIAN agency for not following the tenants RELIGIOUS
beliefs. IF this landlord gave 24 hours notice(to be fair not yet 100% proved) to show
possible new tenants the space for rent then no law was broken.
The landlord was not charged with infractions by a government rental agency he was charged
by a HUMAN RIGHTS BOARD.Religion is the core of the case not laws or bylaws.
This is CANADA for Fricks sakes.
The only thing we know for certain is he did not give them the extra hour notice they wanted and
once he did not remove his shoes.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the Muslims will gloat over this and laugh at using our own laws ... against us.
You would think sooner or later ,
It might occur to them that this constant threat of suing us over their religious beliefs ( and winning) will only deepen the divide and make the average person even more distrustful of the Muslim religion and people !
Good luck finding places to rent , if you keep this chit up ...or negotiating any other business deals for that matter .

Why is it ALWAYS the same people who sue and complain over their religious freedoms ?
There is an agenda here / of that there is no question....!

Last edited:

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole country is in a downward spiral. Going to have to prep for the sharia apocalypse. Probably worse than zombies.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole country is in a downward spiral. Going to have to prep for the sharia apocalypse. Probably worse than zombies.

As far as I know, there's no documented cases of zombies in the Middle East. What does that mean? Do you think it means Muslims evolved from zombies? ...don't think zombies eat pork either.
A_oqTctCYAAGBou.jpg

Top Bottom