can black celebrities get involved to prevent black on black crime

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
watching interviews on nba TV when Muhammad Ali passed the great football legend Jim brown was trying to encourage some famous NBA commentators to mediate gang violence as he has been doing. Jim is over 80 years old can other sports stars that have come from the inner city environment take over Jims efforts?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would they do that? Then they would be admitting the problem is within their communities and falls on their own shoulders, not the evil white man or police.

While not a sports star, Dave Chappelle is one who I think does a lot to help out the black community.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only black celebrities todays youth seem to want to emulate are the rappers and gangsta's. Their music is all about violence and the videos and lifestyle they portray are only furthering this perception. JMHO.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only black celebrities todays youth seem to want to emulate are the rappers and gangsta's. Their music is all about violence and the videos and lifestyle they portray are only furthering this perception. JMHO.

I totally disagree with the opinion music is to blame. Music has been like that since the 90's. Fawked up kids will be fawked up regardless. The blame is on the parents raising them.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

White youths have adopted this music as well

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WE need guys like from the show Chicago PD. They take no crap from the gangsters and actually arrest them. Yes I realize it's a TV show but sure feels awesome to see some idiots do pay for their crimes.. I guess with the virus I won't be seeing anymore new chicago pd shows for a bit

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some black celebrities have stepped up. Morgan Freeman, Terry Crews, Denzel Washington and Charles Barkley are a few that come to mind. There are famous blacks that are against the BLM movement.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some black celebrities have stepped up. Morgan Freeman, Terry Crews, Denzel Washington and Charles Barkley are a few that come to mind. There are famous blacks that are against the BLM movement.
That has nothing to do with black on black crime Barkley should be fired from tnt for not supporting the nba initiatives

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Seeing terry crews lose it on don lemon was awesome !!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone explain to me how BLM is no about black on black crime? I see it on TV in Portland, Seattle and Chicago every night? Its like radical Islam. If you are not a follower of the extreme then you are an infidel. Radical Islam kills more muslims every year than white people. Just like BLM is doing to black shop owners and black people that stand against them.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone explain to me how BLM is no about black on black crime? I see it on TV in Portland, Seattle and Chicago every night? Its like radical Islam. If you are not a follower of the extreme then you are an infidel. Radical Islam kills more muslims every year than white people. Just like BLM is doing to black shop owners and black people that stand against them.

Ken you make a very good point about radical Islam killing normal Islam people also blm movement s address white on black crime which does little to address black on black crime which needs to be addressed within the communities affected.

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it’s black on black crime I don’t care, (white and blamed for everything)

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pleas keep on topic as this is not the basketball thread!
I started the thread and as orginally stated jim brown was on nba tv and basically invited guys like barkly to come speak to the gangs as he was about to do. Barkley stood there with his mouth open and did not even acknowledge Jim's efforts

Top Bottom