Camso 3.2” on a 2017 axys 3”?

Northerns4

Reaction score
I’ve just torn my track pretty good and I’m looking at what options I have for my 2017 axys 800 163 3”. It seems the cheapest/ most readily available option would be a camso x3. I did find a x3.2 available but I’m not sure if I would have to do anything else to fit it ?

Anybody with more experience on this able to add some insight ? Thanks

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have an extra 1/4" clearance all the way around your tunnel? If so it will fit.

I've got a 3.2 on my '13 with 7 tooth drivers. It works good but it's pretty tight in the tunnel. When I get in lots of deep snow I can feel the track load down from pulling the snow around the front of the tunnel. If I ever replace it I'll just get an X3.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3.2 on any sled is a waste unless your prepared to do numerous modifications and power up grade with clutch work.
The lugs need more then just enough to clear, ideally 1/2" min., proper snow evac is related directly with bulk head clearances and when things get too tight thing go to ch!t in track speed and power. Stick to 3 for simplicity.
In addition, unless your a diehard go no nowhere but deep at all times, that 3.2 hates anything else and you'll find out why on them low snow days, unless you like going straight up. jmo

Northerns4

Reaction score
Thanks for the honest opinions. X3 would prob be my best bet by the sounds of it. I imagine it wouldn’t require any mods on a factory 3” machine as both are a 3” pitch. Anybody able to confirm? Thanks

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have an extra 1/4" clearance all the way around your tunnel? If so it will fit.

I've got a 3.2 on my '13 with 7 tooth drivers. It works good but it's pretty tight in the tunnel. When I get in lots of deep snow I can feel the track load down from pulling the snow around the front of the tunnel. If I ever replace it I'll just get an X3.
I can’t imagine putting a 3.2 in a pro tunnel. I had quite the fight getting my drivers out with my 3” lol

Top Bottom