Camping?

donkeyboy

Reaction score
Looking for some camping sites that you can quad from no more than 3 hours from edmonton. Anyone have any ideas.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out past Rocky there's the out west camp ground and another one right next to it but can't remember the name right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there's one place I've been meaning to go to called Mosquito Lake near Smith AB. ATV friendly camping, heard lots of good things about it. it's 200-ish kms from the city, 2 and a half hour drive.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
there's one place I've been meaning to go to called Mosquito Lake near Smith AB. ATV friendly camping, heard lots of good things about it. it's 200-ish kms from the city, 2 and a half hour drive.

Never heard of this one! May have to check it out!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of this one! May have to check it out!
had a spot reserved for may long last year, but one of our crew had a death in the family so we cancelled. a friend of mine was there for Canada day weekend...said they had a quad parade and fireworks from a raft out on the lake. they have loonie showers, firewood available if you don't want to go out and cut your own from where the forest fire went thru a few years back. huge group area that will fit up to 8 large toyhaulers.

wildf

Reaction score
Anchor inn resort just north of smith is great , anything you want in quadding , if you look in my pics you can see some of the trail riding we do.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
had a spot reserved for may long last year, but one of our crew had a death in the family so we cancelled. a friend of mine was there for Canada day weekend...said they had a quad parade and fireworks from a raft out on the lake. they have loonie showers, firewood available if you don't want to go out and cut your own from where the forest fire went thru a few years back. huge group area that will fit up to 8 large toyhaulers.

I'll have to look it up!

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Anchor Inn resort you are talking about is on the east end of fawcett lake right? I dont think quads ae allowed in the campground on the west end (old provincial campground).

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
if your going to trapper lea,s you should take a snow plow with you hasn't been plowed all year

PetroMan

Reaction score
Chump Lake Campsite, about 22km East of Boyle on HWY 663. It is a first come first serve campsite. If Campsite is full you can camp for free anywhere you can find a spot once you turn North off of HWY 663. Lots of good quading for all levels.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought they closed the random camping in the area. Last time I was there there was a huge berm that you couldn't get over with trailer. Is it open again?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to chump and north buck every year to go riding (have friends with lake lots) guys still camp in the crown land areas, and I have seen a few people that roughed it around the berms.

wildf

Reaction score
The Anchor Inn resort you are talking about is on the east end of fawcett lake right? I dont think quads ae allowed in the campground on the west end (old provincial campground).

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Anchor Inn Resort is on the west end and they allow quadding from campsite if you camp at the resort , and yes if you camp at the provincial park you have to trailer out of park.

Top Bottom