Campbell and the Oilers

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Why does the Edmonton oilers continue to run this guy for goalie. He lets easy ones in all the time, then looks shocked when there in the net. He is washed up and a total waste of money and time for the oilers. Also with this Winnipeg game tonight why is he still in net, wake up coach.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with all of that! Pull him now! Get skinner in there! So frustrating and he never seems confident.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can’t hold all 6 goals against him so far tonight. 2 were deflections that no one would have stopped.
He opened right up for the 5-hole on the breakaway.
Should have had the first and last one for sure and probably the partial screened shot from the middle.

That being said………… Campbell is now below Smith on the depth chart.
Good thing he (Smith) won't count against the cap come the playoffs. 🤣🤣 someone better give Mikey a call and tell him to start getting in shape.

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I get that he can’t do anything on those deflections, but he always lets in the easy one’s. He needs to make those saves in these close games or the Oilers will lose when they should win!

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some looked soft but hey, that was a good game. End to end. Last night's game and tonight's game are what fans pay the big bucks for. That was decent hockey.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they need to start shopping again over the summer. I don’t have confidence on them taking a long playoff drive unless defence and goaltending can dial up a bit.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My opinion is they need a coaching change. They have some of the best players in the league but play the same old style of hockey and rarely make the playoffs. Every team reads them like a book, and knows how to play against them.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's coaching. It's above that. They have had how many coaches in the last 10 years? 6? Haha. Something crazy.

Campbell is good when he is good but he is streaky. That's why Toronto got rid of him

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I don't think it's coaching. It's above that. They have had how many coaches in the last 10 years? 6? Haha. Something crazy.

Campbell is good when he is good but he is streaky. That's why Toronto got rid of him
He's a decent backup goalie not a starter, he's proven this already. Skinner is killing it and belongs in that role.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Oilers cannot play Skinner every game if they hope to go deep into the Playoffs as this would take it's toll. We have seen this before with the Oilers and they will most likely squeak in and hopefully keep everyone healthy and then turn Skinner loose, with the D stepping up their game. The west conference is a log jam right now and they know it and that will be my prediction going forward. They will have to play Campbell sometimes to give Skin some rest, but with the west conf being jammed up i can see the Oil getting in the PO's. As to how deep they go will depend on them as a team.

Until then GO BRUINS;)

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Oilers cannot play Skinner every game if they hope to go deep into the Playoffs as this would take it's toll. We have seen this before with the Oilers and they will most likely squeak in and hopefully keep everyone healthy and then turn Skinner loose, with the D stepping up their game. The west conference is a log jam right now and they know it and that will be my prediction going forward. They will have to play Campbell sometimes to give Skin some rest, but with the west conf being jammed up i can see the Oil getting in the PO's. As to how deep they go will depend on them as a team.

Until then GO BRUINS;)
Hah. Talk about a regular flop in the playoffs. Bruins are going to be like Tampa a couple years ago and go out first round. You heard it here first.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hah. Talk about a regular flop in the playoffs. Bruins are going to be like Tampa a couple years ago and go out first round. You heard it here first.
Careful there, Oilers might not even make the playoffs let alone get through the first round.;)

Top Bottom