Cadomin, Alberta

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've worked in Cadomin a bit in the past. Doing maintenance and repairing the powerlines in town. Pretty cool place, not to much going on there anymore. The general store on the main drag is occasionally open during the summer, but not normally. Just no traffic anymore. When the hamlet use thrive there was a decent amount of people living there.

We typically came in on 40, the turn-off just west of Edson a pinch. In the summer the road is decent, winter not so much. Rarely maintained and lots of snow and steep enough hills to be a problem. I highly suggest going to west Hinton turn-off. Big wide maintained road and a lot less sketchy.

Along the way ive always seen lots of "sweet spots" that I always want to go explore. People I've spoke with say trails are short though because they are so much work to clear through the trees. Might be hard to find wide open areas to boondock.

MADTRAPPER01

Reaction score
I've worked in Cadomin a bit in the past. Doing maintenance and repairing the powerlines in town. Pretty cool place, not to much going on there anymore. The general store on the main drag is occasionally open during the summer, but not normally. Just no traffic anymore. When the hamlet use thrive there was a decent amount of people living there.

We typically came in on 40, the turn-off just west of Edson a pinch. In the summer the road is decent, winter not so much. Rarely maintained and lots of snow and steep enough hills to be a problem. I highly suggest going to west Hinton turn-off. Big wide maintained road and a lot less sketchy.

Along the way ive always seen lots of "sweet spots" that I always want to go explore. People I've spoke with say trails are short though because they are so much work to clear through the trees. Might be hard to find wide open areas to boondock.

Is there another place between Hinton and cadomin that’s good place to quad and camp.

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what I understand, the majority of the land out that direction is crown land. I may not be 100% correct, but what I've heard and been told. I can't absolutely guarantee a place to go, but we've always been eyeballing spot after spot along the road that we wanted to go check out. Some friends of mine local to me have an annual trip they've been going on that way for multiple years now. They have SxS's and love it. I don't even have a quad or SxS so I haven't tagged along. I'll give him a shout tomorrow and poke his brain about where they go.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many beautiful spots out there we go every year 10 days at a time always something new to travel it seems like. Beautiful country have had some encounters with few that don’t respect the access we have out there but you won’t be disappointed there is many spots on here if you search forums for trail maps there is many on here I don’t have any handy to send though. Many are in my head now

Top Bottom