Bushing Tool

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you guys using to remove/replace your clutch weight bushings?

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just use a proper sized punch to remove. And use and old clutch weigth bolt (cut the threads off ) and install the new bushings against the bolt head into the sheave.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys in 30 years I have never changed weight bushings. I do rub dry graphite powder into the pins when I have the clutch apart

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys in 30 years I have never changed weight bushings. I do rub dry graphite powder into the pins when I have the clutch apart

That doesn't say much.... Have you been riding the same sled for 30 years or on a new on each year? I wouldn't expect a 30 year old sled to have similar bushings and I would not expect a 1 year old sled to be worn too bad either. Mine were shot after 2 seasons and 3000 kms. It is all about how heavy your weights are and how hard you ride.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So should I just run the completely worn out ones I have then?

should have said have never had to change any worn out one I lube the pins. Just bought a 2020 850 with 900 miles super clean sled and the weight pins were stuck in the weights Took apart my 9 year old pro pins slid right out. May help with wear in the future. That’s all.

Top Bottom