Burning Oil

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I briefly talked to catmando about this, but wanted to ask some of the rest of the Cat Crew about how much oil they are burning on an average day of riding in the mountains. I've got an 04 KC 900, which seems to burn about a 1/4 litre of oil per day.:confused: My ZR800 before this would burn about 1 litre per day. I've got the ATACC carb compensator, so I don't know if this would affect the amount of oil I am burning.

Thanks for the input.

Tekim

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Oil Burning??

HI TEKIM: DID YOU EVER CHECK YOUR OIL INJECTION ADJUSTMENTS ON EITHER SLED:confused: ?? I KNOW THE NEWER SLEDS ARE GETTING CLOSER TO THE 2010 EMMISSIONS EPA RATING, SO ALL MANUFACTURERS ARE EITHER THERE ALREADY, OR VERY CLOSE. THIS MEANS BETTER GAS MILEAGE AND OIL CONSUMPTION. MAYBE YOUR ZR WAS RUNNING RICH(OIL HEAVY) AND YOU NEVER KNEW IT??? MAYBE WORTH CHECKING INTO??:rolleyes:

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something i learned off of a U.S. site (cant remember the name, was just browsing my M7 problem)They were complaining of to much oil useage, so guys were turning their oil pump rod back 2-4 turns to lean her out as Arctic cat sends them out rich to avoid engine warranties. My '06 M7 EFI burned 3/4 of a litre for about 7/8 of a tank. MAN, why is that so much more than your KC900?

Top Bottom