buddy cant handle the pro

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he should take up knitting, or pottery. A new 155 pro is going to be anything but rough or heavy on the front end. Those are both 2 things that it shines better than any other sled. The way the shocks on these sleds are set up effect the ride a lot, as they are intended to do. I would start with some adjustments there.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem with a lot of people and especially newbies is they ride the sled the way it was set up by a part time high school kid that pdi's sleds for the local dealer. Play with the suspension as they are easy to adjust until you get it set up to your liking. I have heard the Poo's are rough riding on trails but excell in the tight terrain where most guys ride them. Good luck!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem with a lot of people and especially newbies is they ride the sled the way it was set up by a part time high school kid that pdi's sleds for the local dealer. Play with the suspension as they are easy to adjust until you get it set up to your liking. I have heard the Poo's are rough riding on trails but excell in the tight terrain where most guys ride them. Good luck!

Forgot the part about ?
Get on World Wide Web and bitch before doing any of the above or even reading owners manual.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode 700rmk, summit 800 xm, tried a pro-ride - couldn't ride it for shat,.. Never even tried an axys and went and snowchecked a 2019. Well the AXYS chassis, NOT pro-ride like some are mentioning for me is the easiest sled to ride,.. it makes a crappy rider like myself much more inclined to try new things and more confident. It took me a fair bit to get used to but after that I am still a crappy rider but not as bad lol, I just wish I would have started out in 2016 instead of waiting 3yrs later. Setting up the suspension for me was one if the biggest pluses

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of today’s mountain sleds work very well. It’s just a matter of seat time and we could all ride any make. You should have learned to ride on the old sleds, then you would know what some of challenges were. We are spoiled with the new sleds. Get out riding and enjoy the sport. Not everyone needs to be a professional.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just going to take seat time and adjustments as all have mentioned. I have ridden Polaris forever and when I get on a Doo I am completely useless. It’s all what you are used to plus not riding for 10 years and maybe limited mountain experience is not going to help. The Pro was good but the Axys is just so much easier to ride. Keep riding it.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time on a hill, pull up next to a group that is hanging out and someone in it is riding a Polaris. Ask them to ride the sled, they should be able to confirm it's normal and maybe show you that it can do a line and a nice move. Then you'll have confidence that the sled is good to go and it's just a matter of learning to ride it. Or they will quickly say 'this sled is messed up' and then you can start the process of fixing it.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This^

Play with the suspension.

All the new sleds are very good and easy to ride, sounds way to stuff.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been riding for many many years. I have been mountain riding for the last 6. There wasn't anything I couldn't do on my Vmax 700, 121x1.5" machine! Well, in the flat lands and fields and river runs, etc. Then I went to Revy on my brand new '13 RMK Assault. I had no idea what I was doing. I had to re-learn how to ride a sled. So completely different in the mountains vs. around home! I did have to spend some time too, learning how to ride in the deep pow and how my new mountain sled reacts completely different to body english and small changes to suspension.

What I'm saying has also been said already. It's a new riding style and the machine he has is more than capable. There are a lot of guys on them. I don't believe that he should sell or switch to a different brand too quickly. Read the manual, look on Youtube and set up the suspension properly for his weight and height. Spend some time learning how different it is compared to his old 700 or 900. As for comparing it to the Backcountry, that is also completely different than the Pro. More like the old iron he is used to.

I love mountain riding, and I would love for him to enjoy the hell out of it! I don't want to see anyone get frustrated or not have fun. I cannot wait to bring my kids with me. I hope some of this helps.

Wagonman

Reaction score
I am riding an Axys for the first time this season as well, I have 3 or 4 full days on it and may finally be getting it figured out so I understand where he is coming from. There will be a learning curve, my first few rides I had no confidence in where the sled was heading when I started to climb through the trees but I am now learning to trust it and ride it a little more aggressively and it is getting more fun to ride. By aggressive I don’t mean flopping back and forth wrong foot forward as it will really respond to that and u will likely be tipped over in the snow, just a little more throttle at the right time, a little leaning and become one with the toe holds and it will finesse through the snow. I have a 163” so it will walk a little quieter through the tighter stuff but my son rides a 15’ pro 155” and it is a little more playful but once u get up on the snow it to is just a little leaning to persuade it where u want to go. Like me it is probably not a sled problem just the sled having trouble training me, but once he gets it I am sure he will enjoy it. Mine rides nice on the trail, I have it set so it is just short of bottoming out. I mark my shocks with a little felt so I can see where they’re at and can easily be adjusted on when out for a ride.

Top Bottom