brute having starting probs

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
brute is having a hard time starting. sometimes she will fire up with no problems other times there is no life what so ever and cant figure out why. when it is running she runs good and idles good no problems there just the start up she wont go any ideas??
thanks

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
brute is having a hard time starting. sometimes she will fire up with no problems other times there is no life what so ever and cant figure out why. when it is running she runs good and idles good no problems there just the start up she wont go any ideas??
thanks

Do the lights/display come on?

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes all fuses good thinking it may be time for a valve adjustment have yet to do one

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep she starter works fine just no life. the odd time she will fire right up idle good n run good on the throttle

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nuetral and i even disconnected the pc3 and stil troubles but thats not prob cuz ive had it on for two years and its always fired up first crank till recently been getting worse. cant be the fuel pump cuz it doesnt die when its running and throttle is wide open im stumped gottA be vavles??

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine always starts way better in gear for whatever reason i dont know! It idles better in gear too! but I would still lean toward valves. especially if you've got some hard miles on it.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya for check your valves.mine was a bear to start cold once i got it going and warmed up it started and ran fine. the valves get tight after a while.when i checked mine i had no clearance:eek:

Ozzy421

Reaction score
My 07 had an attitude starting, put in new Iridium plugs and then run some carb cleaner through it and its like a new machine again, total cost under 40$

then I snorkelled it, bought new front box, new gun scabbord, and piaaa bulbs
total cost, just under 500$

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
found out real prob was fuel pump getting week now its dead no life wut so ever thx guys for the help

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
found out real prob was fuel pump getting week now its dead no life wut so ever thx guys for the help

Good to know, thanks for posting....

Curious to know, do you use premium or regular gas???

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
thanks

Have you tried a special dinner and some wine and sweet talking. Always works for me. lol

Top Bottom