BRP Tunnel bag

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any way out there that anyone has found to keep they rear tunnel bag clean and organized? I was thinking about foam in some shape and form. Then cutting in some holes for cans or beers? Any tips.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pack extra gloves and sweaters stuff like that. They are good to have in an emergency. Beer should always go in your back pack, they always break open in the tunnel bag lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pack extra gloves and sweaters stuff like that. They are good to have in an emergency. Beer should always go in your back pack, they always break open in the tunnel bag lol

I usually do pack all those extra things they still seem to get all mashed up. Beer definitely goes in my backpack but even water bottles tend to get smashed up. Im going to try spray phone tomorrow night. Make a mold then cut it out for my essentials

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Those tunnel bags need to be packed tight, period. Not good for beer, and I have seen some foil wrapped granola, etc., explode when the tunnel gets hot and expands the gas in the foil wrappers. Quite a mess.

Beer is best in the back pack and each one packed in a heavy wool sock. Empties can go in the tunnel bag.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those tunnel bags need to be packed tight, period. Not good for beer, and I have seen some foil wrapped granola, etc., explode when the tunnel gets hot and expands the gas in the foil wrappers. Quite a mess.

Beer is best in the back pack and each one packed in a heavy wool sock. Empties can go in the tunnel bag.

The sock thing works good!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Put drinks in socks. You bet!
I fold a towel to add to the top to keep space full so nothing can move..
Towel is nice for wiping goggles when needed.
I put my foil tins with cardboard lid in tunnel bag for when I am ready to cook and have never had any broke open as of yet!.

Last edited:

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any way out there that anyone has found to keep they rear tunnel bag clean and organized? I was thinking about foam in some shape and form. Then cutting in some holes for cans or beers? Any tips.

You can buy a beverage foamy with cutouts in it already. I think it's for 8 beer ages. Can't remember. They work good to keep the bag full even without cans. Pack rest of area with soft goods. I put stuff I want to keep dry in a dry sack and never have problem.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Packed tight is a must. Also I put a short bungee from the bag handle to my gas can handle to stop the bag from rocking with lots of weight in in. Another is I have a heavy leather shavekit full of tools. I drilled two holes in the base of the bag and bolted the tool pouch to the bottom of bag. I use a piece of aluminum as a big washer and base for the shave kit

pizalm

Reaction score

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bladder out of a wine box works to take up some of the extra room. let air out or blow it up more as you add / remove stuff from your bag.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put an extra layer in as filler as well as a couple of small towels to keep everything tight
i have a plastic container that has the fold over locks for putting my lunch and camera etc in and a small rag to keep everything inside tight

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have that bag.I used high density foam,drilled 8 holes with a hole saw and there you have it works great.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use this. Holds two beer and a water bottle in the top and the bottom fits a muffpot perfectly. Rest of the bag is taken up by extra gloves and a bag of climbers rope. Bag hold the beverages tight enough they don't break and is padded for extra insurance.

$_3.jpg

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll try to upload a picture after work.The foam i used was out of a crate for packing,not styrofoam but a plastic type foam(hard to explain).Hopefully a picture is better then 1000 words lol.

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use this. Holds two beer and a water bottle in the top and the bottom fits a muffpot perfectly. Rest of the bag is taken up by extra gloves and a bag of climbers rope. Bag hold the beverages tight enough they don't break and is padded for extra insurance.

View attachment 191296

2 beer? So what do you drink when you get to the end of the groomed?

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's what we use. Couple of our dealerships sell them in town. Still leaves room for 1 or 2 cooker pots and spare gloves and sweater.
140b1661a47dfe2836611801cef6a0a0.jpg

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great idea, you certainly wouldn't want to have any other room for safety gear and stuff??????? I actually thought everyone was sledding up there but maybe not!! Sherm

Top Bottom