BRP introduces the worlds first hydrogen cell snowmobile

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm more amazed that maxsled has a new article. Remember that site being the place for online news about new stuff.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you say that? Two hydrogen dispensers/pumps or what ever they call them are being installed at esso stations in Vancouver.

So 1 station per 18million people?
How do you make hydrogen?
How mechanically complex is a fuel cell vehicle?
How safe is compressed hydrogen?
How does fuel cell vehicle performance compare to electric vehicle performance?

6ed183cde78cd7268e7fc5088819b649.jpg

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a warehouse in Balzac that has 50 lift trucks running on hydrogen fuel cells.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a warehouse in Balzac that has 50 lift trucks running on hydrogen fuel cells.

Don’t get me wrong I think FCEV is a cool technology I just don’t see it’s advantage over a EV.

Where do they get their hydrogen?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So 1 station per 18million people?
How do you make hydrogen?
How mechanically complex is a fuel cell vehicle?
How safe is compressed hydrogen?
How does fuel cell vehicle performance compare to electric vehicle performance?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200301/6ed183cde78cd7268e7fc5088819b649.jpg

Thats not technically accurate. Do you charge you car with solar at home and on road trips?
Hydrogen is made, and its made during numerous different process. Steam reforming IMO is the worst if carbon reduction is the goal.
Apparently there is one place on the planet so far that actually has natural hydrogen in the ground.

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats not technically accurate. Do you charge you car with solar at home and on road trips?
Hydrogen is made, and its made during numerous different process. Steam reforming IMO is the worst if carbon reduction is the goal.
Apparently there is one place on the planet so far that actually has natural hydrogen in the ground.

That picture is just an example to illustrate how simple one is and how complex the other is.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
They are both just a novelty/feel good concept.Neither is actually ever going to be in the majority of driveways.
That picture is just an example to illustrate how simple one is and how complex the other is.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The electric one is just as complex.
And does not show the true infrastructure of the electric grid or the origin of the EV parts.

Hydrogen is a byproduct of another process and can be utilized in other technologies.

Electricity has to be produced and has limited capacity. If the grid is maxed out due to lack of availability of power, I hope the first thing to be shut off is the ability to recharge EV’s.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The electric one is just as complex.
And does not show the true infrastructure of the electric grid or the origin of the EV parts.

Hydrogen is a byproduct of another process and can be utilized in other technologies.

Electricity has to be produced and has limited capacity. If the grid is maxed out due to lack of availability of power, I hope the first thing to be shut off is the ability to recharge EV’s.

An EV is as complicated as an FCEV? Are you sure? What is the price difference between a Tesla model 3 and a Toyota marai? How about sales numbers between the two as well?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An EV is as complicated as an FCEV? Are you sure? What is the price difference between a Tesla model 3 and a Toyota marai? How about sales numbers between the two as well?

Infrastructure to supply the power for the EV.
Showing just a solar panel is an inaccurate rendering of the comparison.

Looks like the toyota is about 8g more over the dual motor model 3 tesla.

The RWD model 3 is going to be discontinued in North America.

Top Bottom