BRP delay

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp has announced there will be a delay on sleds due to parts delay. Sleds for nov ,dec will be jan now. If they are aware of this already by the time season starts imo the delay will be longer for issues that they don't know of yet. Least they are letting the public know . Wonder about other makes if they will announce any delay.

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck to all that ordered. If its anything like their Sea-Doo's this year you will be lucky if you get them in time to ride.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp has announced there will be a delay on sleds due to parts delay. Sleds for nov ,dec will be jan now. If they are aware of this already by the time season starts imo the delay will be longer for issues that they don't know of yet. Least they are letting the public know . Wonder about other makes if they will announce any delay.
Where did you get the info was going to take a gander i told my dealer if sled wasnt bere by dec15th they can haver back lol if there not willing to discount ill keep my 2020 and order again the following year

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried helping them by canceling my snowcheck. But they won’t give my $1000 back. Remembering why I stopped snowchecking sleds years ago.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they can't deliver don't they have to give your deposit back?
Not sure you would want one that was assembled by office staff as mentioned in that bag of hot airs message in that video

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I used to buy a new sled every year. We have a 2019 and a 2020. Thought about ordering one for the 2022 season and decided against it due to all the problems with parts/chips, etc.. Last year in April, I made the decision again to not order a new sled for 2023 as there didn’t seem to be any improvements to the parts/chips fiasco. Apparently, I got lucky with my decision making.

pommie_git

Reaction score
I don’t know about lucky. Those who snowcheck are riding the latest sleds and selling them again with record low depreciation.
Might even make money on my 2022 turbo. If there’s not too many more km put on it before the 23 arrives

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don’t know about lucky. Those who snowcheck are riding the latest sleds and selling them again with record low depreciation.
Might even make money on my 2022 turbo. If there’s not too many more km put on it before the 23 arrives
I guess my point is that if they are already saying January delivery, there may be a strong chance that it will be much later than that. I am lucky in that I won’t be sledless, nor will I lose sleep thinking about “when is my snow check going to arrive?"
But that is just me and my brain...............to each their own.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Depreciation on them hasn't really changed, just inflation has. If you buy a turbo for $25k and sell it the next year for $23k you only loose $2k. Except your dollar is worth 10% less a year later, so you effectively loose $4300 overall, which is about average.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess my point is that if they are already saying January delivery, there may be a strong chance that it will be much later than that. I am lucky in that I won’t be sledless, nor will I lose sleep thinking about “when is my snow check going to arrive?"
But that is just me and my brain...............to each their own.
Have to agree with you. Far as I am concerned my 500 bucks is a write off I guess. Have no interest in getting a sled late season or worse yet with different features or missing components that don't affect your ability to use the product as he says. What a crock.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depreciation on them hasn't really changed, just inflation has. If you buy a turbo for $25k and sell it the next year for $23k you only loose $2k. Except your dollar is worth 10% less a year later, so you effectively loose $4300 overall, which is about average.
Spoken by a guy who understands finances.

Anyone that convinces themselves they are making money on depreciating assets is foolish.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably could make a bit of $ if you just bought them and flipped them with 0km

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably could make a bit of $ if you just bought them and flipped them with 0km
Was maybe thinking about getting a couple rides on it and Benny was going to clutch it properly then flip it once it’s dialed in. $27000 gamble if it doesn’t sell.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
This has me thinking that I may hold on to my 2021 till I receive my new one. Currently my 2021 is at 17500 because I have 2700 km. But if these are not available the price of them goes up. Had a guy offer me 16k the other day, hung up the phone.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the first time in 25 years i am sled less. Zero in the stable. I didn't get my machine until January last year and if i don't get it until January or later this year I'm going to survive. Im not going to complain because there's actually nothing I can do about it. Maybe try something different out. I hear cross country skiing is nice. I appreciate BRP being upfront about this and warning us way in advance. Hopefully the other manufacturer follows suit because its coming for them too. To be honest I'm not surprised. They have fought hard to beat this problem but unfortunately its bigger than BRP. Anyone that snow checked shouldn't be upset, this should not be a surprise. No promises were made. Your warranty doesn't start until you take delivery so hold on to your rigs until the new one shows. Chances are you'll get more money for it then anyway. Be prepared for a HOT used market come November/December. I ordered 3 trucks last june and just got informed they arent getting built at all so i mean there are worse circumstances. Sounds like they will fulfill the orders, and in these unprecedented times that's all we can hope for. I do feel for anyone that sold their machine already, puts you in a bad spot for sure. When you flip the flipper on 180hp all the worry about it being late will slowly fizzle away into the deep stuff.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they can't deliver don't they have to give your deposit back?
Not sure you would want one that was assembled by office staff as mentioned in that bag of hot airs message in that video

it will get delivered. There isn't any documentation for delivery date guarantees unfortunately. With the pandemic they were letting people back out last year, that is now over. A good dealer would still give you your deposit back though. Even if you ordered it with a PRIDE wrap, they will still sell it.

This is a different market for any industry period. If your putting money down on a preorder your doing that because you want one whenever it arrives, not because you care if you get it November 1st. Because if you dont get your name on it your not getting one, ever. That goes for anything from snowmobiles to bulldozers.

If you told your sales person to guarantee you a delivery date, they just wouldn't take your deposit.

Top Bottom