Broken bones - SBR

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Lots of great stories of broken bones....here's mine.
Running up a fight of stairs at home about 20 days ago, slip/trip and land hard, hand barley catches the lip on the step, well my baby finger catches all it it and WhaaaLaaa. I felt the finger shouldn't have a 45 degree bend. I did reset the break first but though I should have it checked.
So now I'm driving myself to Emergency.....
Results are broken baby finger, three days later I have surgery. I didn't know what was done until a week later when they removed the full cast....pins, two of them.
Sledding is on hold until after Christmas.

6ad752db7daf3eaef131f6d9d6c6d9bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a broken heart cause bunny boy isn't comming on our sled trip......could take a couple months too heal but my therapist says I should make a full recovery! That looks nasty dude!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same one I Doo every year, this is my 10th b-day trip , first weekend of dec every year

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I have a broken heart cause bunny boy isn't comming on our sled trip......could take a couple months too heal but my therapist says I should make a full recovery! That looks nasty dude!

Lyle...I'll save a HUG for that Broke. Heart.

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
"slip/trip and land hard, hand barley catches......."

Here in lies the cause. Barley.

[/QUOTE]

Dude....great catch....lol
I only wish that was involved, I would never have hurt myself.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Pulling those pins could be interesting, maybe they have a way of clamping your finger down.

According to the Doctor they drill holes and insert pins, just like work'n on a sled. The pins move and I accidentally pulled one out about 1/3 of the way, just slowly pushed it in. Worst part is I can feel the end of the pins on the inside and outside of the finger, it gets itchy.
Because the point where it broken is too small to put in a screw they use a pin to stabilize so the bone will regenerate and join to the entire fracture.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Tie them to the door handle and SLAM

Pulling the pins...dirty old pair of players and pull....DONE...lol
They move and I'm sure I could take the m out if I wanted too....buy dude, I don't want to until it the right time

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks.

Here's mine. Back on boxing day 2005 snowboarding. Just got off lift, sat down and strap binding on. As i was getting up, lost my edge and tried just catching myself. It didn't work out so well. In other words, broke my hand sitting down
:rolleyes:
Picture 006.jpg

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks.

Here's mine. Back on boxing day 2005 snowboarding. Just got off lift, sat down and strap binding on. As i was getting up, lost my edge and tried just catching myself. It didn't work out so well. In other words, broke my hand sitting down
View attachment 200253

Chitty, is that the 5th metacarpal?
I broke my 5th metacarpal when I was 12 or 13. Fell off my bike and landed face first on the pavement with my hand under my chest. Half cast in grade 7 wasn't very pleasant.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chitty, is that the 5th metacarpal?
I broke my 5th metacarpal when I was 12 or 13. Fell off my bike and landed face first on the pavement with my hand under my chest. Half cast in grade 7 wasn't very pleasant.

It's the ring finger on my right hand. Three screws to hold it together. Was in a half cast for about six weeks.
My sledding season took a kicking that year.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Well that sucks.

View attachment 200253

Nice to have a photo of the results....lol
Ouch!

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, it didn't hurt. It was like catching a door jamb with the end of your fingers. The intern that assessed me didn't believe that it was broken. I was able to squeeze his hand and pull with the end of my fingers against his without pain.
Took two days before i got operated on.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had many over the years myself including 5 broken arms, both collarbones, broken hand, broken nose, broken foot, blown knee, multiple concussions.

Best one though was back in 2007, was out on Race City doing a track day and laying down some quick laps considering my tires were just about shot (dumbass). Hit a turn doing about 140 and the back end came around on me then caught which highsided me to the moon. From the skid mark to where my helmet marked the pavement was around 100ft, landed first on my shoulder and head then tumbled into the weeds. Took a couple minutes but i got up and picked up the bike, rode back to the pits and loaded into my trailer. Got checked out by the ambulance and was told it was just bruising. Drove home and went to bed, got up the next morning and took about 20 minutes to get out of my bed. Went to the ER to get checked out and ended up with a concussion, bruised lung, bruised spleen, bruised kidneys, shoulder contusion, broken left arm, 3 cracked ribs and a compressed spine.

Paying for my 20's dearly nowadays!

Top Bottom