brain power and holiday season

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since it's the holiday season people have shut their brains off!

Friday I watched a dude who was riding with his wife try to pull a huge chute and got stuck at the apex. Took him a long time to dig out. (There was a huge cornice at the top also):nono:

Then he proceeded to try and climb up a hill that was littered with visible rocks(big ones). He made it 100 meters before he hit a rock, ripped off a ski and did a bunch of damage. The guy realized not only did he smash his sled he put a huge hole in his leg:confused:

So he now not only needs others who were around to help him get his sled off the mountain, he needs help to get to the parking lot to go to the hospital. (other people losing riding time to helpout a dumbass)

Then today I was driving home from tobaganing with the kids near the Forester parking area and a chevy crew cab with 4 place trailer comes flying around a corner, huggin the inside line and runs me into the freaking ditch! He did not even have the balls to stop and see if we were ok!

1 week to go until the holiday's are over, come on people use your heads.

There is a time and place for everything. Riding hard with no back up other than your wife to help is not cool. Driving too fast and cutting corners on the backroads will cause nothing but trouble.

Happy freaking holidays!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To many riders trying to fit a whole holiday season worth of riding in a few day. Recipe for disaster. Hope you made it out of the ditch Ok

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were ok luckily, was already in 4wd and chewed my way out.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We saw something similar this weekend as well. We went out, dug a pit to discover there was fresh storm snow that hadn't consolidated. There was also a rain crust way far down, that would be easy enough to reach if a guy got stuck. Sure enough, people were climbing everywhere, with no attention paid to what aspects are safer, or less likely to slab off.

Top Bottom