Box Canyon Ride, June 30/14

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've only been in there in the winter and finally made a summer trip with my wife, daughter, son in law, and three awesome grandkids. It was a great day with breathtaking scenery. The only downer is we saw quad and dirtbike tracks leaving the access trail (which is well marked with many signs stating you MUST stay on the trail). We had a chat with an SRD officer about this area about a month ago and he stated they are monitoring this area for compliance and if they find tracks leaving the trail, they're considering shutting down the area to all motorized access.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice! How do you like the big horns on the rocky terrain? I am due for some new tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those are great pics!!!!
I rode in Box Canyon in the early 90's, and there was no where, where we couldn't ride back then. Camping at Mountain Park, and riding over the divide. I tried the face many times on my 82 XR500, but she didn't have the legs to make it to the top. When I bought my new 93 WR250, I could get on top and what a view!!!!

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bopper, I'm really pleased with the Bighorns. First machine I've had them on and I think they're one of the best all terrain tires I've run.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are great pics!!!!
I rode in Box Canyon in the early 90's, and there was no where, where we couldn't ride back then. Camping at Mountain Park, and riding over the divide. I tried the face many times on my 82 XR500, but she didn't have the legs to make it to the top. When I bought my new 93 WR250, I could get on top and what a view!!!!

Thanks ! I've rode there many years ago in the winter (on sleds) and we were on top of the ridge on the right at the end of the canyon. Like you said, amazing view !!

Top Bottom