Boston Bruins

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9 games to go, can they break the record for most points in a season, I don't believe they will do it but will come close. It's been a stellar year for the B's and I hope they can carry their play through the playoffs and hoist the SC before Bergeron retires.
I sure hope so as well as it has been a long 12 years. I surely think they are giving it there all for the very sake of Bergie. 1 of the most gentlemanly players to play the game and 1 of the best 2 way forwards to ever play as well. Not so sure i want to win the presidents trophy though, looks like we are gonna though. Making up for some good match ups in the PO's as well. Gonna be a log jam in the west that will also be interesting as well.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope so as well as it has been a long 12 years. I surely think they are giving it there all for the very sake of Bergie. 1 of the most gentlemanly players to play the game and 1 of the best 2 way forwards to ever play as well. Not so sure i want to win the presidents trophy though, looks like we are gonna though. Making up for some good match ups in the PO's as well. Gonna be a log jam in the west that will also be interesting as well.
Could not agree more, It's going to be a sad day when Bergy retires but he has earned every bit of it. Like you, I also would prefer they not win the Presidents Trophy but I don't think it's avoidable at this point, having home ice throughout will be huge though. I have watched a little bit of some western hockey and that Connor McDavid is one special player, I've never seen anyone skate like he does, so fast and precise, I think he has a legit shot at Gretsky's goal record but there's a long way to go still.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 games left and 3 wins to break the record for most wins in a season, I think it's very doable and since they've already clinched everything else might as well go for it as long as the older players get some rest before the playoffs.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The perfect ending for the regular season for me would be having the call ups from Providence beating Montreal in a shutout then on to the SC playoffs.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The perfect ending for the regular season for me would be having the call ups from Providence beating Montreal in a shutout then on to the SC playoffs.
Kinda agree with ya here, but having the season team playing would rub there noses a bit i say lol! Considering they had 9 HOFmr's on that 1976-77 team. Anyway looking forward to the playoffs gonna be some very good match ups.

GO BRUINS!:)(y)

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bruins didn't play very well but still got the win, their depth and strong defense will take them a long ways as long as everyone stays healthy. Picking up Bertuzzi, Orlov and Hathaway was a huge move by Sweeney and he deserves kudos for making those moves, all 3 are a perfect fit for this Bruins team.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bruins didn't play very well but still got the win, their depth and strong defense will take them a long ways as long as everyone stays healthy. Picking up Bertuzzi, Orlov and Hathaway was a huge move by Sweeney and he deserves kudos for making those moves, all 3 are a perfect fit for this Bruins team.
Ya it was an okay game but then again i didn't expect coming out full of P/V they just need to find there groove and settle in and then go the distance. After all they had 4 days off and wives/Gf's can take alot out of a fella during this time as they know the long road ahead of them lol! Still in my bracket pool i faired pretty good compared to others in the pool, and got 2 of the 4. But i also picked series lengths though so still sitting good. Rangers Bruins would be a good series though, love to run over Moose's team lol.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that didn't go as planned, Boston looked confused and let Florida dictate the pace with their thuggery. Oh well, on to game 3 tomorrow night and hopefully Bergy is back at center.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that didn't go as planned, Boston looked confused and let Florida dictate the pace with their thuggery. Oh well, on to game 3 tomorrow night and hopefully Bergy is back at center.
Sloppy and very loose play i say, along with a couple greasers by Ullmark, got to get a handle on this. Hope bergy is in firday. Almost makes me think all they are doing is driving up the Betting lines lol! Then gonna put the cats away, sure taking a chit kickin in my pool bracket though.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that was a nice turn around for the Bruins, looks like this series is all but over now.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW! Arghh!! :mad: After all that hard work during the season to go out to an 8th place team and not have your skating legs and playing skills in order come game 7 really. Swayman was good but the rest looked very tired and seem to have given up to me.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After all the years!!

Bruins!!

Suck my white ass!!

Attachments

• 95B224F9-E589-4802-9264-70301FC94DFA.jpeg
    95B224F9-E589-4802-9264-70301FC94DFA.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 92

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bruins didn't play with enough desperation and were sloppy with their passes and ozone play, left too many Florida players open in front of their own net. This one is going to sting for them for a long time. I hope they can resign Bertuzzi and Orlov to long term contracts and I feel this is it for Bergey, a true Boston Bruins legend.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bruins didn't play with enough desperation and were sloppy with their passes and ozone play, left too many Florida players open in front of their own net. This one is going to sting for them for a long time. I hope they can resign Bertuzzi and Orlov to long term contracts and I feel this is it for Bergey, a true Boston Bruins legend.
Yup i think this is it for Bergy too, Orlov/Bert would be a good signing for sure.

Top Bottom