border crossin issues

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used to go down to LA to visit realitives about every year..when 911 hit things got weird and they wouldn't let me across and gave no reason as to why....anyway my realatives are getting on and would like to see them...anyone had this issue and used a lawyer or buiss to sort it out for buisss ect...basicly looking for a company or lawyer that dose this sorta thing day in day out..in the alberta area...tried one Cpl years ago but they were a joke..thoughts ideas?

Thanx

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have been red flagged for a reason. Got a criminal background? Been arrested? That is the most common reason. Are you a terrorist? They don't stop you from crossing without reason.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you may need to get a US Entry Waiver from the Department of Homeland Security.

Basically they just want you to pay 600$ even though there is 11million illegal Mexicans living in the US
having babies, selling drugs and collecting welfare. But you're probably a terrorist arent you?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the waiver people are scammer's too

claimed $750 and I would have 3 to 5 years unlimited access

a year and 1/2 later and another $650 .......... totalling $1400 I got 365 days to travel in the states and my waiver was done

even tried to renew before end date and was told I would have to jump threw all of there flaming hoops again

I did get 1 Nascar race

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the waiver people are scammer's too

claimed $750 and I would have 3 to 5 years unlimited access

a year and 1/2 later and another $650 .......... totalling $1400 I got 365 days to travel in the states and my waiver was done

even tried to renew before end date and was told I would have to jump threw all of there flaming hoops again

I did get 1 Nascar race

There is lots of other countries to spend your money in anyways. Mexico doesnt mind taking my cash....lol

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is lots of other countries to spend your money in anyways. Mexico doesnt mind taking my cash....lol
I have no reason to ever go back to the states now, got to see 2007 fall Nascar race at the California Speed way car rolling into turn 1 at over 200 mph

so just have to go a little further south :D

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They probably saw your avatar.....

it keeps folks from pesterin me :O)

as for going to States ,,lived in LA area for year and a half...sometimes you think the grass is greener down the road only to realize it wasn't quite the case....was never so happy to cross border back into Alberta again..lots to do here and my playground runs from Kenora to Port Alberni
going to states is all about family.....

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But they ask for fingerprint and your iris scan. Maybe that's why he had to leave LA and come to Canada lol. Or maybe it's the other way around. Wanted man here but not in the states

Nexus is awesome to have...... If their system is working.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to mexico and enter into the states down there. You will need a flashlight and I recommend talking to the locals for the safest route. :)

Seriously, If you have a criminal record you can talk to the gov't and get a one time clean sweep. I'm not sure what hoops you have to jump through but I believe this is possible after a certain amount of time afer conviction. I only know this because a buddy looked into it, He decide not go through with it.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Canadian woman confessed to smoking pot once and can no longer enter the US without paying a $500 fee each time she enters.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Canadian woman confessed to smoking pot once and can no longer enter the US without paying a $500 fee each time she enters.

I remember a news story where 2 guys were denied entry (goin to Vegas) at the airport because they answered yes to the question if they ever smoked pot... guys said they tried it in high school.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The US Customs doesn't accept pardons and isn't recognized, you'll have to go thru the waiver process and hopefully you'll get a 5 year card rather than the 1 year card.

Plus as soon as you hand them your passport to verify you, they'll have access to all of your history till when you were 16 I believe.

Last edited:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy who got a DUI back in the 90's i believe wha has since been pardoned and hes been to the states tons of times. he always flies but I dont think that would make a difference? did they suddenly change the rules or something?

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have been flagged its because of a charge in your past. If they have denied you they have taken you in the back room and interrogated you. So you will know what charges they are concerned about. If not just go to Dept of homeland security at any International airport and ask them why you are denied. Bottom line is if you have been denied you need a US waiver. A Canadian Pardon does nothing (It only flags you more that you are hiding a charge) You have to go through the steps to get a waiver. And yes the first waiver will likely be for 1 year. then you have to reapply.The second and all continual waivers from that point on are a max of 5 year waivers. You can not get a Nexus card until you have a Waiver. Even with a Nexus card you still have to present your waiver every time you see a border agent. And carry your waiver at all times while in the states. And Technically he can still deny your access to the states. I have never been denied since getting my Waiver but the border guards still ask more questions than they do to anyone without a waiver. If you have had any charges that are Sexually related in any way you will likely be denied for a waiver. I believe any assault charge would be pretty hard to get a waiver as well. Bottom line is you better be 100% honest with them as they already know more about you than your wife and best friend do.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to mexico and enter into the states down there. You will need a flashlight and I recommend talking to the locals for the safest route. :)

Seriously, If you have a criminal record you can talk to the gov't and get a one time clean sweep. I'm not sure what hoops you have to jump through but I believe this is possible after a certain amount of time afer conviction. I only know this because a buddy looked into it, He decide not go through with it.

There is no such thing as a one time clean sweep Sorry but thats just the facts.... Waiver is the only way and it is a Max 5 year. My charges were when i was a kid and i had lost my drivers licence for too many points. Well bottom line I kept driving and got stopped. Told the cop I was my cousin to get out of driving while disqualified. (Bad move) Anyway this was in 1986. Still have to renew my waiver every 5 years. I have a full Canadian Pardon. I can get a criminal records check in Canada for anything I want. But till I die I can't cross that US border without my Waiver in hand.

Top Bottom