Boondocker Tuning

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a buddy that is having some issues with his BD Turbo. Who is the tuning expert in AB or BC?

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Falling on its face. Bad bog. No one can seem to get the mapping right.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tuning a Boondocker controller is easy if you understand the concept.
Some of the newer controller require a procedure to enter while older boxes did not.
That is the first thing you need to know.
The general tuning of the box allows you to have multiple tuning maps that you can build. The OEM would have a general set up for your sled model so it would run decent but then you would fine tune from there.
The tuning is done through adjustment of fuel delivery at certain given RPMs and throttle position, ZERO is no adjustment while numbers going into the positive side adds fuel and numbers going into the negative side subtracts fuel.
For example, if you have poor idle you scroll to the idle scale, no throttle position and adjust fuel up or down. You will hear the engine change as the fuel load is changed.
If you have a throttle response issue at about 6,000rpm at 1/4 throttle you scale to the 55-6,000rpm 1/4 throttle scale and adjust up or down.
Up rich down lean, the direction you go depends on what the engine is doing and exhaust temperatures.
These adjustable boxes should never be adjusted or imo used without EGTs, you can lean out and cause damage.
I'm surprised you cannot find instruction online on doing this.
Did you try contacting Boondocker?

Last edited:

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which sled is it some of the bd kits do not have adjustable controllers
sean from sask did a update for mine but I dont know if he is working for them anymore
i will pm you his number

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which sled is it some of the bd kits do not have adjustable controllers
sean from sask did a update for mine but I dont know if he is working for them anymore
i will pm you his number

The Boondocker side kick for the 850 Polaris is one of them. I had issues with the programming on my 2020 850, (never had an issue with the 4 previous turboed 800cc sleds) I think Boondocker was possibly having issues with program/run ability on the Poo 850’s. I have a buddy that knows a programmer, he gave me a data logger, rode the sled for one day, down loaded it to my iPhone and sent it off to him. The sled sh!ts an g!ts now..

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread got a skidoo 850 with a Boondocker sidekick does anybody in Alberta do reflash is on the nonadjustable controller?

Top Bottom