Blue River was Great with one problem

porkhaaks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue River was Great with problem (hopefully solved)

:p:p:pThank you very much Patty & Robin. We had a grand time. The snow was up to our arm pits GGGGRRRREEEEAAAATTTTT. Love the whole trip. PLEASE NOTE:: There was one problem though!!!!!!! We seen one person driving his sled around town alot quicker,faster, and NO respect for town people in general. We can only hope this does NOT become a problem for all the sledders that LOVE riding in Blue River. Hope this person can start showing some respect so that all can keep riding from town.:nono::rant::nono::nono:

Last edited:

PIMFEE

Reaction score
Ya I saw a sled RIP past a group of people walking their dogs, not cool realy NOT cool. Like grab a brain if you got one.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant::nono:

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Polarisryder
hey i live in blue right beside robin and wondering what your taling about, what kind and model
I believe you ment talking not taling, not sure what kind of machine this NERD was riding, but he was jumping snow banks. Sure would be nice if we could still ride from town & to the pumps for fuel.
Can only HOPE it was NOT you doing dumass things like that.
a buddy i jump the snow bank going into my YARD from the road and if it was you who told me to slow down when i was just leaving the aley i think that was quite dumbass of you when i was doin 10 km, so whatch what you say
_Like I said do Not Know Who it was, BUT we can only HOPE the dumass stops driving so fast in town so we can drive in town in the future. Maybe you are feeling GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No guilt being felt here, nore that I have anything to feel guilty about. We actually like to be able to ride from town to the hills, and pay close attention to speed and where we are going as to avoid any confrontation with anyone else on the road ( sledders and people walking their dogs ). If you think that jumping a sled from the road on to you parents property does not affect the way that people look at sledders you're not paying attention. Same thing goes if one were to rip out of the gas station and ride like a dumb a$$ through the ditches on the side of the highway. It takes one person to ruine it for the rest of us.

check your speedo, 10km....you wish

hair-str8-back

Reaction score
It's pretty cool to be able to access 3 or 4 riding areas without having to drive, and on the way back stop at the pumps and fuel up. But it only takes one f&%$#@** to make us all look bad

revdude

Reaction score
I cant belaive you guys raggin on this kid. He rides cause he loves to rideHeis an awsome person to ride with, knows what hes doing and where hes going, I met him while i was riding the coulies on saturday, he was ny hime slef looking for his other group that left a little bit before him, and he metup with our other half of the group who had a rock jam in the track. He asked if they needed any help and they said no they didnt, but he refused to leave untill they got the sled running andon there way, then he showed us some meadows to play in ( never been to blue till then) and on the way down we had soe troubles and he stayed and helped, and he almost did more work then us LOL,

so before you go and rant on some one and bash him before you even know him, stop and think, i wouldnt be surprised if he seen you on the trail with a dead sled and just kept on going, just think a lil bit

NYTRO

Reaction score
Blue River, unlike other places, allow riders to ride from the hotels and other lodging locations. I know it's nice not having to load and unload every day that one rides. There is a lot of riders out there that hate having to get in the truck and drive for 5 - 10 km to unload. Blue River counts on us sledders to keep them busy in the winter. And because of one person, who may be a local to Blue, the others have to suffer. So who ever is doing this has to stop.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
im going to chime in here, and when i ride from town (my house) to the hotel, where i usaly meet up with the group im riding with, i ride down my yard to the alley and on to the CN right away, its private property from CN and the white hats (supervisors) who i talk to dont have a prolbem with it as long as we keep a little bit away from the tracks to avoid getting hit and use the approiate crossings, as i do and then i cut off to another private property land owned by blue river 2 and i kow im alowed to ride in there as i have talked to the care takers of the land, and then i cut accross a road on to a trail behind the husky feul station get my feul then ride accros the high way and go down into the ditchline till i hit the glaciers parking lot area and cut acrros to the parking lot, i go by very fewhouses, never had any complaints from locals (except one not saying a name though) i do town speed limit of 50 km an hour when im on the CN road and ditch line and i do about 10 kmph till i get there from my house, while other sledders from bj(not bashing anyone) go down the main roads through town past a bunch of houses.

and for the peeps that say that im wrecking the riding in town privlage. give your head a shake, i can say LOTS of stuff on here that could ruin some areas and privalges we have but i wont cause i am going to be there bigger person, now i think alot you on here should DROP IT

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
I guess We ALL could be Guilty at some time.....

I SURE HOPE WE DON'T LOSE OUR PRIVLAGE......

I am sad that it has come to this....

We ALL were " Young " Once......LOL

If You do it Once it is a " Mistake "....

If You do it Twice....You might be Forgiven....

If You won't STOP.....

You Deserve to be Badgered...

ALL Of Blue River Will Lose....

Like I said there are Only 150 People here in Blue River.....

To Divide Us is Exactly what the " Skiers " would LOVE !!

Trust Me They are Reading this....

So how about this " Concept "......

Lets ALL Try and get ALONG ....

F.....We ALL LOVE DOING THE SAME THING !!

Duhhhhhhh........

It's a New Year....Let's Just start OVER.....

LIFE IS TO SHORT.....AS WE ALL HAVE WITNESSED IN THE LAST FEW DAYS....

WE Should be Standing Beside Oneanother and Stand United !!

We are ALL Sledders....THE RULES ARE SIMPLE....

It's ALL Common Sense....

So do I have a " Truce " here so to Speak or what....

EVERYBODY PLEASE DRIVE ACCORDINGLY TO THE ROAD RULES....

BE POLITE AT ALL TIMES....

RESPECT YOUR ELDERS & YOUR CHILDREN.....

Please lets Just Try and get ALong....

Nobody like to come to a Place that has " Conflict "....

We aren't being Happy so come on ...get Your A$$ off the Pot (Toilet ) and .....

SMILE DAMMIT !!

Let's ALL try that......please.....

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
I guess We ALL could be Guilty at some time.....

I SURE HOPE WE DON'T LOSE OUR PRIVLAGE......

I am sad that it has come to this....

We ALL were " Young " Once......LOL

If You do it Once it is a " Mistake "....

If You do it Twice....You might be Forgiven....

If You won't STOP.....

You Deserve to be Badgered...

ALL Of Blue River Will Lose....

Like I said there are Only 150 People here in Blue River.....

To Divide Us is Exactly what the " Skiers " would LOVE !!

Trust Me They are Reading this....

So how about this " Concept "......

Lets ALL Try and get ALONG ....

F.....We ALL LOVE DOING THE SAME THING !!

Duhhhhhhh........

It's a New Year....Let's Just start OVER.....

LIFE IS TO SHORT.....AS WE ALL HAVE WITNESSED IN THE LAST FEW DAYS....

WE Should be Standing Beside Oneanother and Stand United !!

We are ALL Sledders....THE RULES ARE SIMPLE....

It's ALL Common Sense....

So do I have a " Truce " here so to Speak or what....

EVERYBODY PLEASE DRIVE ACCORDINGLY TO THE ROAD RULES....

BE POLITE AT ALL TIMES....

RESPECT YOUR ELDERS & YOUR CHILDREN.....

Please lets Just Try and get ALong....

Nobody like to come to a Place that has " Conflict "....

We aren't being Happy so come on ...get Your A$$ off the Pot (Toilet ) and .....

SMILE DAMMIT !!

Let's ALL try that......please.....
Can I have a Show of Hands Please ???

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
im going to chime in here, and when i ride from town (my house) to the hotel, where i usaly meet up with the group im riding with, i ride down my yard to the alley and on to the CN right away, its private property from CN and the white hats (supervisors) who i talk to dont have a prolbem with it as long as we keep a little bit away from the tracks to avoid getting hit and use the approiate crossings, as i do and then i cut off to another private property land owned by blue river 2 and i kow im alowed to ride in there as i have talked to the care takers of the land, and then i cut accross a road on to a trail behind the husky feul station get my feul then ride accros the high way and go down into the ditchline till i hit the glaciers parking lot area and cut acrros to the parking lot, i go by very fewhouses, never had any complaints from locals (except one not saying a name though) i do town speed limit of 50 km an hour when im on the CN road and ditch line and i do about 10 kmph till i get there from my house, while other sledders from bj(not bashing anyone) go down the main roads through town past a bunch of houses.

and for the peeps that say that im wrecking the riding in town privlage. give your head a shake, i can say LOTS of stuff on here that could ruin some areas and privalges we have but i wont cause i am going to be there bigger person, now i think alot you on here should DROP IT
The Sledders from the Glacier come down here ALOT in Town .....

Puuurrrfect......It is A WAY OF LIFE HERE....

SOOOOOOOOOO BLUE JEWEL SLEDDERS ARE # 1 ALL SLEDDERS ARE # 1...99.9%

pr WE ALL DO THAT WAY TO.....

Everybody ....HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!

WISH FOR PEACE .....NOT TURMOIL!....

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I agree with Blue Jewel. Now if the person that was taking advantage of the situation has read this thread they would be feeling a bit guilty. They would now think before they ride crazy in town, if they don't then they would need to be talked to. Im suprised when I go to staging area's and unload that some people have to burp there sleds and spray rocks and stuff all over or the speed some people travel in the staging area.

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being one of the few regulars in blue river for some years now i have seen ALOT of mindless things happen.:headscratch3:..locals or not. just last week i watched a short track ,136 ,green cat and a few buddies climbing the snow piles along the roads :mountainClimb:and then LAUNCHING from the road into the ditch next to a hotel . The individual had a a race number on it which i think was 497....not sure on that but i did see it happen. This went on for a good ten minutes and im pretty darn sure that its not just a single person doing it:party2:----The thing to remember or try to accomplish is that everyone makes a slight adjustment to what goes on in town so we can keep the peace and the freedoms open :werd:. Hell , i myself am guily of riding to go get pizza but did so without caos ( didnt wanna drop the zaa). :) <and i've seen riders doing stupid things from ALL locations in town weather it be guys with trailers that come to town or the ones who stay in town at the local eat N sleeps .
The very next day my group of 3 rode along the roads to get back into town...mind you we had 1 machine (mine) with the skis pointing 2 different ways and another with a hole in the cooler. Hey T...good tow job buddy. Nevertheless we did it and if we were to get grief over it someone wouldn't be happy at the response...non the less different things happen and some can be avoided while others can't . A simple comment without terd chucking goes along way most of the time i think. It's that sugar to salt thing!:yeahthat:
Im sure at some point or time all of us have done something we wish we hadn't or wish we could undo but thats not the case :trustme:- so - if we all do what we can to do the right things to keep the wheel greased lets do so and try to make corrections that aren't going to take a negative turn in the forum, or in the communities .:awesome_dude::agree: Just ol 162's :twocents:

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very good and deep point marko, feels like im in school again lol :D

well its simple....gotta do what we can as sledders to keep the peace amonst eachother as theres enough headache with the ski people and town folk wherever you go that dont want the noise and accidents eventhough its a revenue building sport for the community . For the most part if your doing nothing do create a disturbance nobody will say jack about it...but it only takes a few times and the axe falls....Just gotta make and play nice.
The thing for me is that it's not my town - i dont live there (yet) but when i do get there its like my second home and love it there and i really enjoy all the people that i know there . So to take care of it is easy for me .
im outta here before i need a tissue!:crying3:

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being one of the few regulars in blue river for some years now i have seen ALOT of mindless things happen.:headscratch3:..locals or not. just last week i watched a short track ,136 ,green cat and a few buddies climbing the snow piles along the roads :mountainClimb:and then LAUNCHING from the road into the ditch next to a hotel . The individual had a a race number on it which i think was 497....not sure on that but i did see it happen. This went on for a good ten minutes and im pretty darn sure that its not just a single person doing it:party2:----The thing to remember or try to accomplish is that everyone makes a slight adjustment to what goes on in town so we can keep the peace and the freedoms open :werd:. Hell , i myself am guily of riding to go get pizza but did so without caos ( didnt wanna drop the zaa). :) <and i've seen riders doing stupid things from ALL locations in town weather it be guys with trailers that come to town or the ones who stay in town at the local eat N sleeps .
The very next day my group of 3 rode along the roads to get back into town...mind you we had 1 machine (mine) with the skis pointing 2 different ways and another with a hole in the cooler. Hey T...good tow job buddy. Nevertheless we did it and if we were to get grief over it someone wouldn't be happy at the response...non the less different things happen and some can be avoided while others can't . A simple comment without terd chucking goes along way most of the time i think. It's that sugar to salt thing!:yeahthat:
Im sure at some point or time all of us have done something we wish we hadn't or wish we could undo but thats not the case :trustme:- so - if we all do what we can to do the right things to keep the wheel greased lets do so and try to make corrections that aren't going to take a negative turn in the forum, or in the communities .:awesome_dude::agree: Just ol 162's

Well said and dido. :clap2:

Top Bottom