Blue River 2021-2022 Conditions

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For groomed trail riding, I believe you need to leave from the Finn Creek staging area south of town. Groundhog east/west might be your best bet for a decent trail.... Salmon lake is a long one.... I havent rode Redsands, not sure on the trail.

Finger bowls and White river are relatively short and groomed for a good portion.
Is the finger bowls area still open ? Or at least that’s what we called it. It was north of town a bit on the west side. Wasn’t a groomed trail. Was told it got shut down a few years back for the “Caribou”.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are the finger bowls in relation to White River. I guess HOW do you get to them.

Cmcgillis

Reaction score
The sled blue river website says foam creek is closed for the season. Is it actually closed, like illegal to ride the area? Or is it just closed as far as the club is concerned due to the pipeline?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled blue river website says foam creek is closed for the season. Is it actually closed, like illegal to ride the area? Or is it just closed as far as the club is concerned due to the pipeline?
I know there was access issues last year, was not accessible from the Finn creek lot, there was an approach a little ways north bound of the Finn creek lot that guys were staging at, but only room for maybe 5-7 trucks.

That was last year, haven't been out that way yet this year.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there's a pullout at the top of Messiter... might need to shovel the bank if the plows been there... not sure if its legal to ride there on the closure...

Cmcgillis

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have parked there many times when the snow bridge isn’t in, I’m more concerned with the legality of riding the area if the club has it listed as closed for the season. I’m assuming it’s strictly due to access issues due to pipeline construction. But would like confirmation.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have parked there many times when the snow bridge isn’t in, I’m more concerned with the legality of riding the area if the club has it listed as closed for the season. I’m assuming it’s strictly due to access issues due to pipeline construction. But would like confirmation.
The attendant at Finn creek lot will definitely be able to clear that up for ya.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoping it doesn’t rain up too but not looking good. Anyone have any updates, we are heading out Wednesday.

Attachments

• 226147B1-5C39-4622-85AD-BC248767A546.png
    226147B1-5C39-4622-85AD-BC248767A546.png
    910.1 KB · Views: 157

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoping it doesn’t rain up too but not looking good. Anyone have any updates, we are heading out Wednesday.
We rode the Finger Bowls on Sunday. Lots of fresh, and base was set up well. Started snowing late morning. Filled our tracks by the time we were leaving. Had 5 inches on the truck when we got down around 3pm. Continued to snow most of the way to Vale. Looking like a great reload for Blue if the temps stay cool up top.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode the Finger Bowls on Sunday. Lots of fresh, and base was set up well. Started snowing late morning. Filled our tracks by the time we were leaving. Had 5 inches on the truck when we got down around 3pm. Continued to snow most of the way to Vale. Looking like a great reload for Blue if the temps stay cool up top.
Good to here ya got out there bud.

Top Bottom