Blue River 2021-2022 Conditions

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went into groundhog east today, access is good, parking lot is still covered, couple thin spots but overall decent for how warm it's been.

Snow was decent, bit of an ice layer forming with the rain, by the end of the day snow was definitely getting heavy, vis up top was limited, still made the day out of it.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220322-214326_Gallery.jpg
20220322_132513.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220322-214326_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220322-214326_Gallery.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 174

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went back into Groundhog again today after trying to ride Allen Creek..

Visibility was better today, higher ceiling but snowing off and on. Snow was heavy but put fresh lines all through the trees and small bowls, came down to the truck with the low fuel lights on...

And then the rain started pouring... trail is still holding up, skinny spots are a little bigger.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
My husband is out with a friend in blue river area. They told us they were sledding salmon lake yesterday at 9:30am. Normally my husband always texts me when he’s down and we haven’t heard anything since yesterday at 9:30 am. We were told blue river has a major power outage. We’ve tried calling the glacier mountain lodge but no answer.
Doesn’t explain his cell not working 🥴
Can anyone tell me if they’ve seen a 2014 black ford long box. Pulling a trailer - Decals state Voyageur Electric on truck and trailer. Has anyone seen these guys. There’s two of them. Ones driving a Polaris. And the other guy a skidoo
Please let me know if you’ve seen them.
If power is out, cell towers could potentially be down as well.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
My husband is out with a friend in blue river area. They told us they were sledding salmon lake yesterday at 9:30am. Normally my husband always texts me when he’s down and we haven’t heard anything since yesterday at 9:30 am. We were told blue river has a major power outage. We’ve tried calling the glacier mountain lodge but no answer.
Can anyone tell me if they’ve seen a 2014 black ford long box. Pulling a trailer - Decals state Voyageur Electric on truck and trailer. Has anyone seen these guys. There’s two of them. Ones driving a Polaris. And the other guy a skidoo
When he gets back from this trip... buy him an Inreach. This way he'll be able to text via satellite next time!

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Hope everything turns out ok

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope everything is ok. Maybe try to see if the RCMP can help out making sure all is well. I agree on the InReach idea. An invaluable piece of kit.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope everything is ok. Maybe try to see if the RCMP can help out making sure all is well. I agree on the InReach idea. An invaluable piece of kit.
Yup. I have a spot Gen 3. It's a few years old but I could pre program texts to send in case of emergency. Not sure what pricing is like compared to in reach. In reach mot likely a better product

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Any luck? Maybe try getting ahold of the RCMP like Shredder suggested.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
That truck was parked in the Finn creek staging area yesterday when we got there and noon ish and left around 5pm... we did not ride salmon so unfortunately so cant say that i saw them,... there was no cell service when we drove through blue river yesterday likely due to the power outage, Power came back on in Valemount around 2am Thursday morning.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to the Finn lot yesterday. Parked just before 4km. Ice from there. Some drove on the ice another and parked accross the bridge.

My sled died at km 9 ish like the kill switch got hit but it didn’t. No spark. Game over

Top Bottom