Blown turbo motors

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two 2022 skidoo turbos from same dealer one made it 15km other one just over 200km then boom havnt heard what happened the one is back up other one still waiting on parts been down for nearly a month now

Steenso

Reaction score
Apparently a few sleds were released from factory and oiling wasn’t set correctly- dealers were sent a list of VIN numbers to check and adjust oiling during PDI- I called my dealer to inquire and assure me this check would be done- wonder if this had something to do with the issues?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently a few sleds were released from factory and oiling wasn’t set correctly- dealers were sent a list of VIN numbers to check and adjust oiling during PDI- I called my dealer to inquire and assure me this check would be done- wonder if this had something to do with the issues?
I’m sure there are dealers that don’t check Boss Web every day. Sadly they miss it then find out and guys have already rode their sleds or have to bring them back for something that should have been done at PDI

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would have to be out of break in for that to matter, oil pumps are maxed during break in.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’ll never know… because just like Matt(Muskoka), they’ll just put a new motor in and send the other back to BRP.

Heavybrewster

Reaction score
Do you know the failure? What caused it to fail?
I havent been told what failed. I told my dealer i need to know. Further, my warranty expired so i am told expect to get a bill. Wish my snow check was delivered prior to this failure.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would have to be out of break in for that to matter, oil pumps are maxed during break in.
wouldn't the calibration numbers still matter? i'd think the ecu needs to know the number because the max amount for a pump calibration number of 1 is going to be different than one at 8 or 9 or whatever the highest number is.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent been told what failed. I told my dealer i need to know. Further, my warranty expired so i am told expect to get a bill. Wish my snow check was delivered prior to this failure.
Well...if I was foot'n the bill, I wouldn't be paying it until I knew what the failure was! Keep us posted please.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wouldn't the calibration numbers still matter? i'd think the ecu needs to know the number because the max amount for a pump calibration number of 1 is going to be different than one at 8 or 9 or whatever the highest number is.
Kinda what I was thinking.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't the normal course of business for the dealer to tell you what went wrong, prior to you agreeing to fix/replace it? Or did you just say get the F$#king back running so i can ride.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't the normal course of business for the dealer to tell you what went wrong, prior to you agreeing to fix/replace it? Or did you just say get the F$#king back running so i can ride.

totally if your flipping the bill. Some warranty jobs they may not know BRP might just say send the engine don't disassemble it.

snobyrd

Reaction score
I towed out a 22 75 tbo today in revy with 1900k on it, crank was jammed up.

Top Bottom