Blackstrap lake Sk

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took my son and buddy out fishing to Blackstrap lake South of Saskatoon tonight. The total count of Walleye for the three of us was 38 fish in 4.5 hrs. Most were 1lb or so but we kept 3 nice ones. Not a lot of big ones but still fun to get some fish on the hook. Anyone else fish Blackstrap? Looking for other areas on the lake that may have bigger fish.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure. From the boat launch in the park, we went across to the West side of the lake to what they call the old sunken road. Just to the South of the new houses they are building there is a road that used to run across the valley before it was flooded. Line yourself up with the road and about 100 - 150 yards off shore. We used leaches on jig heads and they just kept coming. Bring lots of leaches, the little buggers are professional pick pockets!

megan_myne

Reaction score
I grew up out there usually fishing was good. Shield Townsite was really good but so much algae and crap growing always got motor messed up. On Thode Townsite side was good. Lots of ppl used to out by the Cosway.

Top Bottom