Beta and Dealer support

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a beta dirt bike 2t/4t?

What's you dealer support like and where?

Seriously looking at one of these bikes... either the 300 2t or a big road legal thumper but not being a mechanic the dealer support is important

If you have one what's the service manual like? The reason i ask is that my Honda 450x service manual was very well done and i found i learned a lot from the book... my Yamaha grizzly book... you need to be an engineer to read

gaar1976

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Beta 250 RR Race Edition. Love the bike. Fit and finish is top notch. Bought it from Whitefish, MT dealership. There is a dealer in Edmonton and a bunch in BC, but that is it for around here. You'll have to order parts online most likely. Service/owner's manual leaves a lot to be desired. It is on the AmericanBeta.com website if you want to take a look. I service it myself but any shop that does 2 stroke bikes could service it. ThumperTalk and BetaRider have forums for Beta bikes that can be very useful.

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
I have not bought one yet but with Zolie from sherwood motorcycle selling them now it is only a matter of time. Thanks for the low down on the rr. They are a sweet looking machine. I am still holding out on a fi 2 stk but my 09 is getting long in the tooth! Zolie still has 1 300 rr.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not bought one yet but with Zolie from sherwood motorcycle selling them now it is only a matter of time. Thanks for the low down on the rr. They are a sweet looking machine. I am still holding out on a fi 2 stk but my 09 is getting long in the tooth! Zolie still has 1 300 rr.
Yup FI 2t will be awesome! Can't wait til someone takes a crack at it.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 Beta 250 RR Race Edition. Love the bike. Fit and finish is top notch. Bought it from Whitefish, MT dealership. There is a dealer in Edmonton and a bunch in BC, but that is it for around here. You'll have to order parts online most likely. Service/owner's manual leaves a lot to be desired. It is on the AmericanBeta.com website if you want to take a look. I service it myself but any shop that does 2 stroke bikes could service it. ThumperTalk and BetaRider have forums for Beta bikes that can be very useful.

Thanks... did you go with build your own option? Wish we had that up here... good info on the service manual... thanks

have you tried the 300 rr? Only reason i ask is because im looking for the 4t power delivery in a 2t... everything I read people keep saying get the 300... mind you they seem to compare it to a ktm? what's your experience and riding level?

thanks

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KTM has been racing injected 2 smokers this season in Europe. Talked to a few people last fall who visited the factory and got to ride one as well.

As far as Beta goes if you aren't comfortable wrenching on something yourself and ordering parts online i would consider something else. I have found limited support. I almost bought one last year. Cool looking bike.

06redrevx

Reaction score
I have a 2014 rr 450. The bike is awesome. Bought from Helena,MT. Dealer. He stocks a few parts but not much.
the manual is on a computer disc which I don't care for. Ended up printing it all out but it is pretty informative

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thanks... there is another guy in Coquitlam BC... im just not sure about their dealer support... ie maintaining my bike... im no expert but i make enough money to afford a expert to look at them... just saying if i new a good dealer with that also does good work... i'd own one... my experience is big dealer are great for low cost bikes and gear but service sucks... i'd rather pay more to a small guy that will treat me on a first name basis...

Popsicle

Reaction score
as I believe someone else posted, Zoli and Pam at Sherwood cycle are stocking the Beta's and they always look after their product and customers. I have had several Beta's and they are the best frame on the market in my opinion.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Bob Clark at Mountain Motorcycle is the guy for Beta in Canada. he has a shop www.trialplus.ca and Trials Plus on Facebook. Bob is one of the oat honest people in the sport and a great guy. The best is to give him a call for parts. He stocks a full list of ports for the trials and enduro side of things. It is hard for a new bike like beta to gain headways in Canada or even the USA. American Beta has done a great job and they have a much bigger audience to choose from therefore they can get bigger faster. The dealer network is growing in canada and of course this means west first and into Alberta and Saskatchewan on onwards. I have had the 350RR - 250RR 2 stroke and 300RR 2 stroke. I came off many yamaha yzf 250's and a ktm 250 xcw. The 350RR I found to be super heavy, much heavier than ktm's 350, however where the 350 excels is ease of rid ability, but still I did not like the bike compared to a lighter 250. I rode rode the 250 and 300 RR last season and both of the bikes are amazing, Beta beats ktm with their smoother engine, ktm rev's higher but 95% of the riders out there are not pinning it through the trails in 4th gear wide open, they are more like 2-3rd gear and being smooth so a high revving engine is not that important but a smoother low to mid range is, it is why the ktm 300 is so popular. Either the 250 or 300 is a great bike. The 300 has less vibration but both are equally fun and have loads of power. The one thing I do not like on the beta is the higher foot pegs. They tax your legs more than a ktm. especially on long downs. I am now riding a ktm 200 which I think is one of the best bikes out there for the riding I like to do...below are some vids of the ktm 250, beta 350 and 250/300rr. The beta is an amazing product and really for people who don't want a ktm, I would put them as equal and really ktm does such a great job the gas gas and beta and sherco guys are for people who just want to ride different. Parts and service are a non issue infact with beta and gas gas your more likely to find parts easier from the distributor over ktm as they run out, however with ktm there is more aftermarket.

Top Bottom