Best way to get into Jet Boating?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stupid question probably, so ill put it here haha

Would a 19ft stepteck be good to go with Mini's or not really?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
350 with 309 and windshield? Nope lol but honestly minis go anywhere and 20 degree steps take some water. No window LS boat is a lot lighter and they seem popular in your area.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
350 with 309 and windshield? Nope lol but honestly minis go anywhere and 20 degree steps take some water. No window LS boat is a lot lighter and they seem popular in your area.
It would have no window, but not sure if that will make much difference.

Seems to work good on the Red Deer river, but my friends mostly have minis.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stupid question probably, so ill put it here haha

Would a 19ft stepteck be good to go with Mini's or not really?
No… only if you are going fast, 19 step sport is an awesome boat but 20 degrees and not well suited for shallow running.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my sport Dan but minis are at least 20-40 mph slower and are able to go much slower On step and play around. The sport is for makin miles and Havin smiles.

the weight of the windows plus the wind resistance is actually worth a few mph and lbs.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my sport Dan but minis are at least 20-40 mph slower and are able to go much slower On step and play around. The sport is for makin miles and Havin smiles.

the weight of the windows plus the wind resistance is actually worth a few mph and lbs.

Hmmm I like going fast, and I like boating on water not on rocks. But those Minis do look fun though...

Just tire kicking right now.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers!

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want a no window 19 with a ct525 in it. They do over 90 and turn on a dime. Had a great day on the lower red a few years back with 3 of them. My 21 narrow is a long nose 19 with an lsx which is way heavier than a ct but more power. More stable but less playful

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want a no window 19 with a ct525 in it. They do over 90 and turn on a dime. Had a great day on the lower red a few years back with 3 of them. My 21 narrow is a long nose 19 with an lsx which is way heavier than a ct but more power. More stable but less playful

Forsure, ran into a guy with a green.step teck with a big block and lots of HP on the lower Red Deer river, was nice boat.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would suggest going for a rip in both. Mini's are fun in skinny water, but loud and not a lot of fun on bigger rivers. Especially if the river is a little rough. You can run the 19' step bottom on most of the skinny water rivers, just can't take all the little channels.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would suggest going for a rip in both. Mini's are fun in skinny water, but loud and not a lot of fun on bigger rivers. Especially if the river is a little rough. You can run the 19' step bottom on most of the skinny water rivers, just can't take all the little channels.

Ive rode in lots of Steptek's. Never been in a Mini though. And yeah the noise might get old if its loud as a sled haha

I few friends of mine have the Mini's now though.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There may be a 12' Eagle with a 215 in it for sale in Red Deer if your looking.

Like I said, just kind of tire kicking right now.

But if you have a link or something to an add I wouldnt mind checking it out.

Cheers!

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forsure, ran into a guy with a green.step teck with a big block and lots of HP on the lower Red Deer river, was nice boat.
I have also seen that green step tech on the RDR. He move right along, also has a diverter nozzle on it. Throwing quite a roost.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
barefoot Jerry. I don't think he owns a pair of shoes. He's pushing a little over 700hp in that boat and does around 92MPH, and is on the river 4-5 days a week.

Years ago we unloaded at the carba launch and he was there. He didn’t have his big motor in his boat then. But was a crazy still. He start his boat go wide open pass everyone then sit till everyone passed him. Then wide open pass everyone lol. Would like to see the boat with his big motor!

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to drive that boat down the brazeau with vice grips when he sent it through the rocks upstream of Heartstone. Ripped the steering wheel off with his chest.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
barefoot Jerry. I don't think he owns a pair of shoes. He's pushing a little over 700hp in that boat and does around 92MPH, and is on the river 4-5 days a week.
Jerry bought himself a bratt 8 degree regular boat apparently, haven’t heard what he putting in for a heater yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom