Best snow tire for a 1 ton?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 247899
I just put a new set of Duratracs on the work F350. Got 90k out of them. I've never noticed any balance issues. They got noisier with age. I swear they worsened my fuel economy about 1 l/100 vs what ever l had before.

They definitely opened up the tread pattern on the latest version. Probably 20% less tread area and noisy from the start. Probably not going to wear as well.

I wouldn't trade anything for my studded Hakapelitas on the sled rig as far as 'get you to and from the mountains safely in the winter' goes.

studded Hakapelitas, best tire for the winter for sure. On my third season on the 3500 too!

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Studded Nokians are the only way to go.

What gets me is people that buy winter specific tires that aren't studded. Its easy to drive in snow, ice is a different matter entirely and studs can literally be a life saver.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thanks guys, a lot of information to consider. I am leaning towards the Sailun's with studs. I run Sailuns ST's on my trailer and they are amazing. For the savings vs other brand names i figure you cant go wrong
On your trailer is no comparison to the vehicle pulling. I wouldn’t compromise the cost of a tire with highway safety. I would sooner spend a few hundred extra per tire and know I’m safer. You typically get what you pay for with most tires.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
studded Hakapelitas, best tire for the winter for sure. On my third season on the 3500 too!
Getting a set of these for the 1 ton. Have the SUV tire on my work nv200, just like Velcro to the ice and snow.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree
Best winter tire I have had on my dually

I have to admit, these are not the tires I wanted. I went with them after not being able to get my first choice. Kal Tire talked me into them and I thought they would wear too fast. I was wrong and shocked how good they were, even on snow. Even the studs are lasting more than 1 season and I have never had that before.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What they just all said, studded Haks, 5th season, half the studs missing but still a superb tire, on my 3500 DMax.....

Top Bottom