Best Muff pot meal!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
As promised....here are some pictures! I have just moved the HotPot forward this year as I got tired of reaching in and burning my fingers to undo the clip. Also, notice where the clip is; lots of room for closing and opening the holder.
The clam shell is cut and the insulation is removed. Clamped the cut out over the old hole and it is good to go.

I found that the screw clamp supplied with the pot expands and contracts and the base part loosens too easily. I purchased a couple of the muffler clamps (the ones' going around the clam shell) and springs and the base never moves. Also, notice where the belt is located; high around the coolant tank; this makes for easier access. Now get practising with all those fancy receipes.....:xmas2004_15:

Attachments

• HotPot11i.jpg
    HotPot11i.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 321
  • HotPot10i.jpg
    HotPot10i.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 306
  • HotPot9i.jpg
    HotPot9i.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 313

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is where I had mine and found hard to getting it out vry hot and found it kept slidding down the pipe towards the engine, so I moved mine to just around the bend and holds better and very easy to get out, I will post pic tonight. Just my 2 cents, what ever works.....Great food no matter where....

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make them???

Lethbridge is like 4.5 hours away. (3.5 in my car) Provided we don't get pulled in for an hour or so crossing the border (which seems to happen all the time now). I hate Sweetgrass with a passion. US is great, but going into Canada sucks. I have had to leave a sled on the US side before and have Doc Nesbo pick it up for me. They pull us in each time just for the fun of it. Only been searched twice.

We got back from Hazelton once and I had a PM on SW saying "See not all us border crossing people are that bad. I did not even check your trailer when you came back to the US" That was a kick. I told him he should have just to check out my sled. He told me to come back up.

Hey snowxtc, I agree they are aholes there, I was coming back with jet ski and trailer under and they told me that I was missing proper paper work for trailer and that I had to leave it in the us, so I went back through and dropped off trailer at that hotel/holding yard and loaded jet ski into back of truck, then went back to get trailer and it was gone, so I think the hotel owner are thieves..They all power trip at that border crossing, so now I go through elsewhere and no problems. They are Dumbassssssssssssss

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, but I have had fun times with the US side in Metaline Falls and Eureka too.

But back to food, I am hungry again.

kpelsma

Reaction score
Ok! i didnt want one before, but all u guys just sold me on this now. How much are these worth? Is there different types for different sleds?:confused:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ok! i didnt want one before, but all u guys just sold me on this now. How much are these worth? Is there different types for different sleds?:confused:

At Mr.R's in Lethbridge, "the best little shop on the prairies", they are $50 without any discounts. In Calgary, at some of the dealers, they sell for $60.

I have three different kinds, Muff Pot, Hot Dogger, and Hot Pot. The Hot Dogger is aluminum and the others are stainless. All seem to work equally but the Hot Dogger will hold less.

I don't ride without mine and they sure beat cold sandwiches or cold snackies!! When we get to the top of the mountain and sit around enjoying the scenery of the great outdoors with our hot pots open, someone usually says, "I wonder what the rich people are doing to top this?" :xmas2004_15:

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear you there. Finding that "sweet" little spot on the mountain surrounded by trees and sitting around a fire eating a hot meal is getting fairly close to heaven.:smiliestirthepot:

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need some help !!! Tried to mount my MUFF POT and the stupid thing wont fit. Does anyone out there have one on a crossfire? If so, can you post a picture of where you mounted it. No matter where I put it, it hits the hood. My Ol' man put his on his Powder Special, but had to put it on the side. Not sure if thats a smart move either. Can they be mounted on their sides without stuff leaking out? Any help on these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated. THANKS.. :d

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
......Can they be mounted on their sides without stuff leaking out?.....THANKS.. :d

Some people have mounted them on the 'can' in a vertical position. It would seem to me that if you used the sealable cooking bags all the time that it would be okay. I don't use the plastic bags and I have a mess and/or leakage with mine in a flat position. Maybe I'm upside down too much?

How much more room do you require?

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people have mounted them on the 'can' in a vertical position. It would seem to me that if you used the sealable cooking bags all the time that it would be okay. I don't use the plastic bags and I have a mess and/or leakage with mine in a flat position. Maybe I'm upside down too much?

How much more room do you require?

Looks like I need about another inch. The pipe on my sled is the stock one with a can, but no matter how i tried it, just wont fit so the hood closes. :d

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
What do you mean you don't get supper??? Hard to believe. Take your wife with you. I go with all the guys. I go out to the hill's parking lot with them. I give them their food and drinks and send them on their merry way. I take the truck and trailer back to the hotel. Then I usually go to the liquor store etc. Then about 3:30 pm I go back to the parking lot. I have the trailer door opened for them. I sit in the truck and listen to music. This way when they are done sledding they just have to drive into the trailer. I have an assortment of beverages and hot food (usually pizza) or I make them sandwiches. They can sit around and have a snack and a few drinks in the parking lot afterwards. Then I drive them back to the hotel. All I ask is the one night while we are wherever we are sledding that they take me out for one nice supper. I don't think that is too much to ask since usually I am the one getting drinks for them while they are in the hot tub at the hotel.

Cheers!

Maybe we will run into each other sometime this winter!!!

Just read this to my wife and she's very much like you are. I'm taking her sledding with me in December and I'll bet she hangs out at least one day in the parking lot cooking up a storm for me in the camper. She chuckled when I read this post to her. Now I gotta plan a muff pot meal? lol

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you mean you don't get supper??? Hard to believe. Take your wife with you. I go with all the guys. I go out to the hill's parking lot with them. I give them their food and drinks and send them on their merry way. I take the truck and trailer back to the hotel. Then I usually go to the liquor store etc. Then about 3:30 pm I go back to the parking lot. I have the trailer door opened for them. I sit in the truck and listen to music. This way when they are done sledding they just have to drive into the trailer. I have an assortment of beverages and hot food (usually pizza) or I make them sandwiches. They can sit around and have a snack and a few drinks in the parking lot afterwards. Then I drive them back to the hotel. All I ask is the one night while we are wherever we are sledding that they take me out for one nice supper. I don't think that is too much to ask since usually I am the one getting drinks for them while they are in the hot tub at the hotel.

Can I go with your group? I will take you out to dinner. I go riding with the guys so there is no way they are going to get that great of treatment taking me along. I will do a lot of things and maybe even make sandwiches for everyone, but I prefer to ride. I guess I do get stuck maybe one or two more times then they do, so I guess I owe them a little bit. I do like the idea of drinks in the hot tub though. I know where I am going tonight. ;)

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my muffpot i cook anything from burritos, ribs, and at the newbrook rally i had two batches of taquitos 24 total made sure that all riders that were enjoying a few were all full so we could drink more.

possibilities are endless.

Scuba

OUT. yeah i said it again

This is off the topic...Scuba ...where did you get that avatar?!!!LOL my son and I were reading the muff pot recipies and ...my God.....LMAO !

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Everyone wants pictures; so here you go.....Chicken wings for the HotPot......yummmmy!!!

I baked 4 kgs (about 9 lbs) of split wings that I got from Costco. Salt, pepper, and some garlic powder. I didn't put on oregano this time but Greek chicken wings are also great! Put them in the fridge over night to cool.

As the pictures show, individual wrappings (I used 14 pieces per serving) with parchment paper and top them off with any number of sauces. I used homemade bar-b-que sauce, honey mustard and honey garlic sauce from M&M, and Thai sweet red Chili sauce. Put them into small zip-lock bags, label them, and into the freezer. Frozen wings in my HotPot are ready in 45-60 minutes. Enjoy and happy trails......

Attachments

• HotPot12i.jpg
    HotPot12i.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 283
  • HotPot13i.jpg
    HotPot13i.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 283
  • HotPot14i.jpg
    HotPot14i.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 281
  • HotPot15i.jpg
    HotPot15i.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 283
  • HotPot16i.jpg
    HotPot16i.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 293

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks good. i finally got the muffpot and tried it out this weekend in mcbride and WOW!!!!!! im hooked!!!! lol best invention ever. made kobassa and chicken and hotgogs. IM IN LOVE lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Tried apple crisp today! Used two layers of parchment to prevent burning. Peeled and sliced 1 apple (sweet or tart is up to you) onto the parchment, sprinkled with cinnamon and brown sugar, added 4 broken up granola bars, and topped that off with 8 caramels.

Takes a lot of time for the caramels to melt so next time I think I'll try the liquid caramel topping for ice cream. After a first course of Thai chicken wings this hit the spot....

Attachments

• HotPot17i.jpg
    HotPot17i.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 289

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cheers!

Maybe we will run into each other sometime this winter!!!

Are you freaking kidding me? My mind is about to explode: WHY, oh WHY would you do all this and not even go sledding??? You are nutz, with a capital "N"... Also, you are making the rest of us women look bad, so cut the cutie-pie wifey routine by at least half, ok? Just to level the playing field???

GAWRSH... delete this thread before my hubby sees it :nono:

Top Bottom