Best Muff pot meal!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here's another muff pot meal idea. Made this this morning for the ride and it was awesome. Cut up chunks of summer sausage, white or red onion, and mix in about half a can of chick peas. Chickpeas are a good source of zinc, calcium and protein They are also very high in dietary fiber. Gives you a good afternoon kick of energy.

Now that sounds good! I would forget the chic peas and crush some fresh garlic in there. Had some of that in Revy and talk about "garlic" sausage! Wow....:beer:

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought to bring up this topic again. Been thinking of what to put in these things and I cant think of anything. Hate hotdogs, smokies, and seafood, so what are some other ideas? Let hear some of your gourmet MUFF POT meals. :d

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought to bring up this topic again. Been thinking of what to put in these things and I cant think of anything. Hate hotdogs, smokies, and seafood, so what are some other ideas? Let hear some of your gourmet MUFF POT meals. :d

perogies, cabbage rolls, Chile, bacon, all good stuff in the Muff.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last year friend put his omelot from breakfast in his at lunch he had a nice hot omelet. Looked good

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay check this out Turkey pot pie with garlic mashed potatoes on top!! So Good!!!!!!!!!!:beer::beer::beer::d

Attachments

• IMG_2090.jpg
    IMG_2090.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_2092.jpg
    IMG_2092.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 332

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those are the package they are foil to go packs complete with lid like a takeout package from a chinese food resteraunt they fit perfectly in your muff pot!!! You put anything in them apple crisp, lasagna, swiss steak with rice and veggies, beans and sausage, perogies!! The list goes on and on!!!!!! And almost zero mess in your muff pot!!!!!!!!! You can buy them at the grocery store for about 3$ for 10:beer::beer::beer:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
those are the package they are foil to go packs complete with lid like a takeout package from a chinese food resteraunt they fit perfectly in your muff pot!!! You put anything in them apple crisp, lasagna, swiss steak with rice and veggies, beans and sausage, perogies!! The list goes on and on!!!!!! And almost zero mess in your muff pot!!!!!!!!! You can buy them at the grocery store for about 3$ for 10:beer::beer::beer:

Very cool. I will check that out. So far I have been using that parchment paper with pre cooked wings, ribs, steak bits etc. working real well zero mess in the pot.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Egg rolls, spring rolls, Ling Ling dumplings, chicken wings, ribs, cut up left over roast with a topping of onions and crushed garlic; whatever your imagination can come up with!

We cook our own wings/ribs and then package them in HotPot serving sizes. Lay out the parchment paper and then add the seasoning (honey mustard, honey garlic, hot sweet chili sauce, lemon pepper, etc.). Wrap them in parchment paper (for those who have just found this thread, do not use foil as it turns the food black), and put into a small zip-lock bag, label them, and into the freezer. The reason for the zip-lock bag should be obvious; keeps your back pack clean and a neat place to put the dirty parchment paper when your done!

The picture of the scallops shows you how to make sure the frozen portion will fit into the HotPot. This is the stage when you add the spices.

There are 10 pages of ideas/pictures/receipes/cooking smells on DooTalk in the XP Mountain Forum (http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235327). Some great ideas.....the last picture are the results of a meat canning process (cubes of roast, special spices and marinade). Drain the jar, put the processed meat on parchment paper, add a can of potatoes and enjoy.:xmas2004_15:

Attachments

• HotPot4i.jpg
    HotPot4i.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 310
  • HotPot8i.jpg
    HotPot8i.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 308

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I will check that out. So far I have been using that parchment paper with pre cooked wings, ribs, steak bits etc. working real well zero mess in the pot.

The wife uses the foil containers because we make like 6-8 or packs at a time label them and put em in the deep freeze and pull them out the night before riding so good!!! I usually bring some sort of crisp for the ride up and then put a lucnch one in and have it near the end of the day. Nothing like a hotmeal on the mountain!!!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife uses the foil containers because we make like 6-8 or packs at a time label them and put em in the deep freeze and pull them out the night before riding so good!!! I usually bring some sort of crisp for the ride up and then put a lucnch one in and have it near the end of the day. Nothing like a hotmeal on the mountain!!!

them are some pretty tasty sounding recipes going on

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the best I have done is frozen shrimp scampi from Costco and Perogies. The butter and seasonings are already frozen on each shrimp, just throw 7 to 10 shrimp and a few perogies in a cooking bag that seals (I tried 3 layers of foil and it still got butter on the pipe) throw it on the pipe for an hour+ and ride.

Don't get it now though, we are out of Perogies and you cannot get them here in Montana.

Top Bottom