Belt Drives

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a belt drive on their pro climb? Which kit did you choose and what gear ratio? And do you like it? I'm thinking about putting one on my 16 Ltd 153 3". It's stock except an Evo powersports can and getting some mds weights this year.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tki without a doubt. Tom is awesome to deal with. I had one on my '13 and transferring it onto my '16 this fall. I personally don't think I noticed a performance difference, although I did install it over the summer so would be hard to notice. Just the fact that if you blow a belt you'll be up and going again in no time to me makes it worthwhile. Blow a chain and it's a different story

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

apex88

Reaction score
I went with the Mountain Valley Machine Belt Drive on my 2015 M8000 last year, Stock ratio, good quality set up, easy install. Seat of pants feel is an improvement over stock chaincase. RPM's up slightly over previous year so I'd say it shed some friction as well as weight. 800 trouble free km's. In hindsight I could of geared up slightly, may this year. As pinko mentions, peace of mind knowing that there is no chain to destroy your trip.
The TKI looks like a very good set up and have heard nothing but good reviews as well. THE MVM was convenient as they were in the Frankensled booth at last years sled show.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the peace of mind is the big reason why I'm going to do it. I've been reading up on it on some other forums and 28/63 and 26/63 are popular ratios. But they are I think 2.25 and 2.33 which is higher than the stock 2.5 so I was wondering if more local people geared up or down.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm putting the 2.33 on my '16 to gear it up a bit. I find it's geared too low in stock form

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

readimedic

Reaction score
Just put a C3 on my 14 HCR. Pretty darn simple actually. Weighed the take off parts and they were exactly what C3 said.
Sure spools up easy, can't wait to put it on the snow. Stayed with the stock, 2.63.

northof40

Reaction score
Yeah the peace of mind is the big reason why I'm going to do it. I've been reading up on it on some other forums and 28/63 and 26/63 are popular ratios. But they are I think 2.25 and 2.33 which is higher than the stock 2.5 so I was wondering if more local people geared up or down.

I ran a 26T top most of last year, still found it was to low. switched to a 28T and liked it a lot better. I definitely wouldn't go any lower than a 27T.(this is on a 16). Keep in mind with the 7 tooth drivers, the ratio's are about 8-9 ish percent lower than with 8 tooth drivers the 2.6 sleds have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom